1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show Song Ideas?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Ryan, Jan 8, 2003.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

how about "september" by earth wind and fire...the electric mayhem could sing that

ryan
  2. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I don't know if anyone here knows this song, but I suggest Backbreaker by GRIMMS.
  3. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

Here are my ideas:

I've Got Two Legs: Sung by a veddy British chap who also dances.

Everything is Beautiful: Sung by three Whatnots resembling Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff, with Boppity, Gloat, and Uncle Deadly on backup, along with Svengali (Peter Ustinov ep.) on pipe organ and one of the punk band members from the Debbie Harry episode on tambourine. It could be set in a creepy castle on a stormy night.

Up, Up, and Away: Sung by the Electric Mayhem in a hot air balloon. I know Rowlf played this on his piano in the Madeline Kahn episode, but they've done most songs more than once on TMS, so what the hey!

Imagine: Sung by a Whatnot ballad rock-style group called Jerry Marvin and the Wild Bunch. Jerry Marvin would be a Harry Nilsson Muppet, so to speak. (LOL)

Silver and Gold (from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer): Sung by Rowlf.

Forty-Seven Gingerheaded Sailors: Sung by Kermit, Fozzie, and two male Whatnots in sailor suits. I'm not sure if that's the title of the song, but I heard it sung in a bunch of Jeeves & Wooster episodes.

Let It Be: Sung by "The Paul Seerf Quartet", four Whatnots made up to look like Bela Lugosi, Ed Wynn (Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins), W.C. Fields, and Sidney Greenstreet ("the fat man" in The Maltese Falcon"). The whole concept came from the album "Paul Frees and the Poster People". Should you not know who the late, great Paul Frees was, you know Boris Badenov, Ludwig von Drake, and the original voice of the Pillsbury Doughboy. "Seerf" is, of course, "Frees" spelled backwards.

Hanging On the Telephone: Sung by a Debbie Harry Whatnot and three male Whatnots in punk clothes, all of whom are stuffed in a telephone booth (think "Telephone Rock"). Soon, we could see several Muppets waiting on line and complaining about it.

BlueAM
  4. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

. "the name game " sung by mahna mahna
    . "I will survive" sung by Miss piggy in planet koozbaine
    .. cool hugh?
    from Barry lee
    see you next on PIGS IN SPAAACE!!!!!!!
  5. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

well, it's been done.

anywayz, who agrees with me on my idea of them remaking "The Safety Dance"???
  6. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

The Safety Dance WOULD be fun!!!! How 'bout "Doin' it For Some Doll" (from Guys & Dolls), sung by Rowlf, Fozzie, & Gonzo?
    Or "Mama Mia" sung by Piggy?
    "Dancing Queen" by Piggy/Janice?
    I could see Piggy performing Abba songs!
  7. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I put "Dancing Queen" (sung by Janice, w/Piggy & various female Muppets on the dance floor) into one of my outlines not long ago (I have yet to post it).

I think the title "Doin' it for some doll" is actually "Guys and Dolls".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  8. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

.Sweetums and Dog Lion sing "Does youre mother Know?"to mary louise
    . "the night chicago died" sung by Dr. TEETH

From
    BARRY LEE
  9. Gorgon Heap

How does "Does Your Mother Know?" go/what it the song about? I don't think I've heard it, so I wouldn't get why two big monsters would sing it to a little girl.

10. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

2 HillBilly Muppets singing Monkees' "Papa Gene's Blues"
    Featuring a bunch of farm animals fooling around

A big Muppet Ensemble number, "Be Our Guest"
    Gonzo singing "Babalu"
  11. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

To gorgon
    "Does youre mother know"is an ABBA song about a girl wandering around hiting on people so sweetums and the others ask if hermother knows she's out before she gets in trouble!!!;)
    from
    BARRY LEE
    see you next time on PIGS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!!
  12. SamEagle

SamEagle New Member

I think they should do Stuck in the Middle with you by Stealers wheel it an amazing song and would be amazing to see it done by Muppet.
  13. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

a song from earth wind and fire would be great for the muppets to sing..like boggie wonderland or september..

ryan
  14. Gorgon Heap

SamEagle-

I'm actually putting "Stuck in the Middle with You" into a projected outline, as sung by Floyd & Janice. I thought of the same thing years ago, but thought it would be set on a bus. Apparently, from the words of the song, it sounds like it's at a party, and now I'm trying to decide which (I think bus is funnier).

15. Manda:-D

I've actually been thinking a/b a "Fiddler on the Roof" themed episode, (my favorite musical), but some of these songs should fit w/Muppet stuff ayway!
    "Do You Love Me?" either sung by Kermit & Piggy as Tevye & Golde or by Waldorf & Astoria as themselves. "Wonder of Wonders" sung by Scooter. (To Annie Sue, perhaps, even.) "Far from the Home I Love" sung by Miss Piggy. (This actually comes from another episode idea I thought up, too, where Piggy's mom comes to bring her back to live w/her.....) "Matchmaker" sung by Piggy, Janice, & either female guest, or....hmm....Need another female Muppet....Also, another episode I thought up was one where the Muppets were kicked out of the theater, and their "final", (you didn't think I was REALLY gonna make them LEAVE, did you?), closing number was "Anatevka", though of course, they're all really thinking a/b the theater.....Though they'd all break down before they could finish.....
  16. SamEagle

SamEagle New Member

-Gorgon Heap

It is one of the coolest songs I've ever heard and on a bus would be really funny. My Idea of it would have been them doing it on an elevator. But the bus idea is a very good Idea.
  17. Manda:-D

"All the Lonely People" (from Beatles) sung by Gonzo
    "Impossible Dream" by Rowlf
    "Mr. Bojangles" by Dr. Teeth
    "Love Shack" by Kermit & a bunch of other Muppets
    Hahahaha!!!! Stuck in an elevator for "Stuck in the Middle W/You" WOULD be funny!!! OR crammed on a bus/subway.....
  18. More "Muppet Show" musical number ideas...

"Dixie", as sung by the Traveling Musicians (Leroy the Donkey, T.R. the Rooster, Rover Joe and Catgut)

"I Put a Spell On You" from the Disney film "Hocus Pocus", as sung by Taminella

"Love Potion #9", as sung by Lothar from "The Great Santa Claus Switch"
  19. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

Jennifer: I remember you posting that about "Right Field" in that other thread! I think I downloaded that song and gave it a listen; it'd be perfect for Scooter!

Manda: Are you sure you're not thinking of Eleanor Rigby?

*falls over laughing* That'd be great! BlueAM, I love the idea of Whatnots that resemble those three! And how about throwing in the bass player from the Alice Cooper episode (the one with the silver beak)?

Some ideas--

My Old Flame (Spike Jones Version): Sung by either Kermit, Rowlf or Jonny Fiama (first verse) and a Peter Lorre Whatnot (second verse).

Poisoning Pigeons: Sung by Gonzo, and possibly confronted by an angry Bert when the song is finished!

Christmas in the Trenches: For a Christmas-themed show, sung by Scooter. This song was written by John McDermott and is set in World War I. Lyrics can be found at http://www.uslink.net/~atsoden/citt.htm .

I've Got You, Babe: Sung by Floyd and Janice. I already suggested it in a different thread, but would not this song be perfect for those two?

I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow: Sung by the Muppet Jug Band (I know their name; I just can't spell it to save my life).

Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (from Veggietales): Sung by Polly, that other guy who's name I can't remember and Clueless Morgan, or Scooter, Fozzie and Link dressed up as pirates (with Clueless/Link singing Larry's verse...those of you who have heard the song will understand why). I just picked this song because it's silly, and it sounds like something the Muppets would do. Lyrics can be found at http://www.lyricsfreak.com/v/veggietales/32924.htm .

Any Dream Will Do (from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat): Sung by either Kermit or Scooter.

La Vie Boheme (from RENT): Using Travelling Matt's revamped Muppets/RENT cast roster for the performers, and just about everyone else in the background.

Eleanor Rigby: Performed by the Electric Mayhem.

Song of King Herod (From Jesus Christ Superstar): Sung by Floyd. The only version of this song I've heard was sung by Alice Cooper, and right away I could envision Floyd singing it in much the same style and similar voice to how Alice was singing.

Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (aka Camp Grenada): Sung by Scooter or Robin, in a summer camp setting. A similar setting would be used for the song's sequel (yes it actually HAS one), Return to Camp Grenada.

You Spin Me 'Round: Sung by Wayne and Wanda, spinning on a merry-go-round (like at a playground). Shortly after they start singing, the thing spins out of control and one of them gets flung off.

-Kim
  20. Gorgon Heap

Santana's "Evil Ways" ('you've got to change- baby') performed by two guys w/a girl who keeps transforming into all sorts of creatures/people/things/etc.