Muppet Show Song Ideas?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
how about "september" by earth wind and fire...the electric mayhem could sing that

ryan

BlueAM

Reaction score
Here are my ideas:

I've Got Two Legs: Sung by a veddy British chap who also dances.

Everything is Beautiful: Sung by three Whatnots resembling Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, and Boris Karloff, with Boppity, Gloat, and Uncle Deadly on backup, along with Svengali (Peter Ustinov ep.) on pipe organ and one of the punk band members from the Debbie Harry episode on tambourine. It could be set in a creepy castle on a stormy night.

Up, Up, and Away: Sung by the Electric Mayhem in a hot air balloon. I know Rowlf played this on his piano in the Madeline Kahn episode, but they've done most songs more than once on TMS, so what the hey!

Imagine: Sung by a Whatnot ballad rock-style group called Jerry Marvin and the Wild Bunch. Jerry Marvin would be a Harry Nilsson Muppet, so to speak. (LOL)

Silver and Gold (from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer): Sung by Rowlf.

Forty-Seven Gingerheaded Sailors: Sung by Kermit, Fozzie, and two male Whatnots in sailor suits. I'm not sure if that's the title of the song, but I heard it sung in a bunch of Jeeves & Wooster episodes.

Let It Be: Sung by "The Paul Seerf Quartet", four Whatnots made up to look like Bela Lugosi, Ed Wynn (Uncle Albert in Mary Poppins), W.C. Fields, and Sidney Greenstreet ("the fat man" in The Maltese Falcon"). The whole concept came from the album "Paul Frees and the Poster People". Should you not know who the late, great Paul Frees was, you know Boris Badenov, Ludwig von Drake, and the original voice of the Pillsbury Doughboy. "Seerf" is, of course, "Frees" spelled backwards.

Hanging On the Telephone: Sung by a Debbie Harry Whatnot and three male Whatnots in punk clothes, all of whom are stuffed in a telephone booth (think "Telephone Rock"). Soon, we could see several Muppets waiting on line and complaining about it.

BlueAM

Barry Lee

Reaction score
. "the name game " sung by mahna mahna
. "I will survive" sung by Miss piggy in planet koozbaine
.. cool hugh?
from Barry lee
see you next on PIGS IN SPAAACE!!!!!!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by trekkie1701E
"School's Out Forever" (Or whatever the songs called) by Alice Copper!
With vocals by Animal & that "crazy" doctor, of course :smile:
well, it's been done.

anywayz, who agrees with me on my idea of them remaking "The Safety Dance"???

Manda:-D

Reaction score
The Safety Dance WOULD be fun!!!! How 'bout "Doin' it For Some Doll" (from Guys & Dolls), sung by Rowlf, Fozzie, & Gonzo?
Or "Mama Mia" sung by Piggy?
"Dancing Queen" by Piggy/Janice?
I could see Piggy performing Abba songs!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I put "Dancing Queen" (sung by Janice, w/Piggy & various female Muppets on the dance floor) into one of my outlines not long ago (I have yet to post it).

I think the title "Doin' it for some doll" is actually "Guys and Dolls".

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Barry Lee

Reaction score
.Sweetums and Dog Lion sing "Does youre mother Know?"to mary louise
. "the night chicago died" sung by Dr. TEETH

From
BARRY LEE
see you next time for PIGS IN SPAAACE!!!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
How does "Does Your Mother Know?" go/what it the song about? I don't think I've heard it, so I wouldn't get why two big monsters would sing it to a little girl.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

SillyRed

Reaction score
2 HillBilly Muppets singing Monkees' "Papa Gene's Blues"
Featuring a bunch of farm animals fooling around

A big Muppet Ensemble number, "Be Our Guest"
Gonzo singing "Babalu"