MSTies unite!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
I always assumed Dr F was the dom and Frank the sub...

Yay for Lola's Tom Servo! Post pics!

I watched "The Dead Talk Back" last night after not having viewed it in a couple of decades. Was better than I recalled -- the riffs, I mean. The film is still awful. Hideous acting, boring voiceovers, and Crow's line pretty much sums it up: "Another senseless drive-by filming..."
--------------

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I also finished "The Amazing Collosal Man". What can I say? It's a pretty average low budget sci-fi film of the '50s. Nothing really stood out. The riffs host segments were still top-notch (I especially loved Mike as the Collosal Man).

Princeton

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I also finished "The Amazing Collosal Man". What can I say? It's a pretty average low budget sci-fi film of the '50s. Nothing really stood out. The riffs host segments were still top-notch (I especially loved Mike as the Collosal Man).
My favorite part is the fan drawing they get in the end. "Hey, we look like we're in a Curious George book!" My favorite riff is "Doctor... I love ya. Don't know why; I just do!"

Getting back to Manos, aside from it being badly executed, I have to give Hal Warren credit for a pretty interesting concept. Human sacrifices, an evil overlord and his fallen minion, a hotel that lures people into it to replace whoever gets on the Master's bad side: like I said, if this had a budget and a capable director, it would have been a great horror film!

Lola p

Reaction score
I liked the Coco puff's riff... that was pretty good...

Oh, and I bidded on the set, so when I get it, I'll post pics! :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I liked the Coco puff's riff... that was pretty good...

Oh, and I bidded on the set, so when I get it, I'll post pics! :smile:
You bid on the set? You mean the actual Manos set? *cringing* Er....why???

"Amazing Colossal Man" is one of the best Joel eps. "Have you seen Glenn?" But you really have to follow it up with "War on the Colossal Beast" for maximum impact.

Which reminds me. I should see if Marty has my eps of "Secret Agent Super Dragon" and "Double 007" ready yet! Bad spy movie night, woo hoo!
------------------

Lola p

Reaction score
Wait... Hang on.....

CINEMATIC TITANIC IS ON HULU?! WHAT MAGIC IS THIS?

Princeton

Reaction score
My thoughts on my new box ste:

Fugitive Alien- IMHO, the goofiest of the Sandy Frank compilations, which I find strange because Time of the Apes is probably the most gimmicky but at the same time had the lowest budget. Both FA films and Mighty Jack have bigger budgets but yet lose something in the translation (and I don’t mean the dubbing; Horrors of Spider Island and Jack Frost probably hold the record for worst dubbing in a MST3K experiment).

Star Force: Fugitive Alien II- I read a fan review of this episode that summed it up best: “I know if they hadn’t done this, fans would be complaining about that “to be continued” at the end of the first one, but did we really need more of this? The first “Fugitive Alien” ep is one of the most beloved episodes of the show, no question. This one, well, it’s more of the same, and it starts to wear a little thin (for me, at least) in the last hour or so.”

Samson Vs. The Vampire Women- One thing I’ll say for K Gordon Murray: he certainly was responsible for some creative films. Between this and Santa Claus, they’re prime proof that new life can be given to tired concepts such as vampire movies and holiday movies. This episode is notable for being the final episode to feature TV’s Frank (whose goodbye scene made me tear up just as much as Joel’s farewell to the Bots).

The Sword and the Dragon- In terms of the ‘MST Russo-Finnish Troika’ (as named by Kevin Murphy), this one was just as enjoyable as Jack Frost, albeit a little harder to follow. (The third movie in the ‘troika’ is The Day The Earth Froze, which I haven’t seen, so I can’t comment on that one).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The Sword and the Dragon- In terms of the ‘MST Russo-Finnish Troika’ (as named by Kevin Murphy), this one was just as enjoyable as Jack Frost, albeit a little harder to follow. (The third movie in the ‘troika’ is The Day The Earth Froze, which I haven’t seen, so I can’t comment on that one).
Wasn't that movie about some guy who isn't Sinbad Sinbad part of the Russo-Finnish Troika? I could have sworn Jack Frost wasn't part of it, as they didn't do it until the Sci-Fi era.