Your Thoughts: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I ordered mine late Monday and it will probably be here tomorrow

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just got the Amazon exclusive version in the mail, and I suppose I'll let you all know that the DVD that comes with this combo pack is identical to the 2005 DVD, right down to the same trailers. So, if you want "When Love Is Gone" in someway, this is the way to get it. :smile:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The same trailers? How can they advertise the same old movies? That doesn't make any sense. :confused:

Hubert

Reaction score
The same trailers? How can they advertise the same old movies? That doesn't make any sense. :confused:
I suppose figure that people are going to eventually watch trailers from future old movies eventually even if they put currently new ones up, so they may as well save themselves the trouble...?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone here would be interested in writing a review of the Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray for Muppet Central, please start a private conversation with me. It's also a plus if you can get Blu-ray screen grabs. Please let us know if you can help.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I suppose figure that people are going to eventually watch trailers from future old movies eventually even if they put currently new ones up, so they may as well save themselves the trouble...?
When I just bought a DVD, I expect to see new trailers before it..whatever. :confused:

Hubert

Reaction score
Yep...I agree...but apparently Disney doesn't...

EDIT: ziffeled...5 years earlier.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
OK. Thanks for telling us, Bob!
Now I don't feel so bad that I didn't get the Collector's Edition. Maybe I'll pick up the "It's Not Easy Being Scrooge" one. Becuase I know one day I'll have a Blu-Ray player. (One can only dream...)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
See this is the problem, What is Disney thinking with this relesse? I know that it was not a slam dunk in the box office for them, but come on. I was going to do a review of the blu ray for the site, and it took me all day just to find it. Three major stores did not have it. Best Buy and Walmart had the dvd, but even Best Buy had it labled as the 2005 50th aniversery of Kermit. Walmart had the DVD but had it so hidden it took me at least an hour to find.
What are the interavive menues like on the blu ray? Are they the same as ethier the 2002 or 2005 relesse?
This is a specal movie for the Muppets because it's not only it's 20th aniversery but it also marks the 20 aniversery of the death of Richard Hunt. He passed just 12 months before this movie was relessed in theaters in 1992 I feel that there should have been something done that talked about that. He is one of the core Muppeteres and I don't think there has been any kind of tribute done.
The marketing for this Blu ray has been nothing short of nothing, and to me that is sad. I would hate to see what kind of sells this makes compared to if they put a little more effort into the marketing. Muppet fans are very willing to spend money on the Muppets, but the quality of what is being sold has to step it up a notch. If this was going to be a collecters item they would need to make it more. make it somtheing people would want to collect.
This relesse is really in my mind a slap in the face to Muppet fans, Why relesse it at all if your going to do nothing to make it more for the fans.