TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thursday morning don't miss the Sesame Street Muppets and cast on their float at The 86th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The beloved Kermit balloon will also be making a special appearance. The parade's official broadcast is on NBC. CBS will be covering the parade as well.

Here is the 2011 appearance...

And here is the 2010 appearance...

If you saw the Macy's parade, please "like" this message and post your thoughts below.

wiley207

Reaction score
The opening of the parade just said "The cast of Sesame Street." No adding "...and the Muppets!" to cause confusion!

And then there was practically NO MENTION of the balloons, just "World's Greatest Character Balloons." Like I said, the balloons are becoming an incredibly minor side event in the parade.

zns

Reaction score
So far the parade has been wonderful. I loved the Cinderella stage performance.

wiley207

Reaction score
Oh, look! My favorite part of the parade: the musical numbers and NBC promos! Love 'em! ::rolleyes:
That's how I feel too! They should just get rid of the balloons and call it "The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Musical Numbers!"
And that same marching band rendition of Frank Sinatra's "New York New York" to kick off the start of the parade. I prefer THIS version:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the actual parade to start. My mom's getting annoyed that I keep criticizing the musical numbers and the awful lip-syncing. Just get to the balloons already!

wiley207

Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the actual parade to start. My mom's getting annoyed that I keep criticizing the musical numbers and the awful lip-syncing. Just get to the balloons already!
So does my dad, even though he doesn't like the cheesy musical numbers either. And like I said, they didn't bother to say much about the balloons during the parade intro...
At least we already ate breakfast so I can't miss the Sesame Street float like my parents would usually make us in the past (until last year!)

My brother and I made a Speakonia "Drew Pickles" video a while back (you know, those ones where Drew is gay and has a relationship with Barney) where it dubs over the audio with Speakonia audio, and Angelica Pickles keeps criticizing the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade of featuring "...constant musical numbers, commercial breaks and clown balloons!"
Oh look, the parade finally arrived to 34th street (or whatever it is!)

wiley207

Reaction score
OK, they spent a minute on the Kermit the Frog balloon, right after the big pilgrim turkey float. Not bad!

wiley207

Reaction score
Sesame Street float is on right now! Elmo and Abby Cadabby are in the nest with Big Bird. Bob's on the float with them, looking as active as he has since the early 1990s, and Murray Monster got a solo too!

Ack, make that TWO solos!

Hubert

Reaction score
First off, loved the Kermit balloon as usual, especially Rainbow Connection playing and also the mentions of Cee Lo Green and the Muppets.

Now for the Sesame float: I like the song choice. But what was up with Murray's voice? It sure didn't sound like Joey to me. I also loved the awesome winter clothing on each character (especially Rosita's purple scarf/hat combo).