Favorite Zoot moment?

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I also love Sax & Violence because once the music starts, all the comedy is purely physical with no dialogue and the artistry of the Muppeteers really shines - the expressions of both Zoot and Mahna throughout are what makes the piece.

My other fave Zoot moment is also one where it's all Muppetry/expressions with no words. West Side Story's America in the Spike Milligan ep. Zoot's totally into his playing just going all over the place and then the witch doctor shows up, his reaction is priceless!
Could you post the clip please? I would love to see it :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Could you post the clip please? I would love to see it :cool:
I also love Sax & Violence because once the music starts, all the comedy is purely physical with no dialogue and the artistry of the Muppeteers really shines - the expressions of both Zoot and Mahna throughout are what makes the piece.

My other fave Zoot moment is also one where it's all Muppetry/expressions with no words. West Side Story's America in the Spike Milligan ep. Zoot's totally into his playing just going all over the place and then the witch doctor shows up, his reaction is priceless!
I meant the witch doctor one, not the Sax and Violence clip.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I just came across these as well:
Anne Murray sings and the EM (sans Animal) back her up.

and I REALLY LOVE Zoot's gritty sax solo in the Chopin number.
:big_grin:: All right! Honk it! Honk it! (I think that's what Dr. Teeth says to Zoot.)
I made the Chopin clip into a ringtone in Pisamba :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
So, while listening to Episode 304 (Gildna Radner) of the Muppet Show at work, I cracked up at the Rowlf and Zoot duet. (They end up glued to their respective instruments.) It is not often we here Zoot speak anyway, but when we do it is usually pretty funny. This one IMHO a bit more so, since he has a "sax hum" quality and you can't make out what he is saying too well.

What are your favorite Zoot moments?

Hubert

Reaction score
That is an awesome moment with the "America" thing, Zoot just is completely shocked. Hilarious! :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
There was another great one in the Dizzy Gillespie episode:
Zoot, Floyd and Animal are having a jam session outside when a woman opens her window and yells at them:
HEY! Hey you! Don't you know there's a little old lady sleeping up here?
Zoot: Nope, but hum a few bars and we'll fake it!
Then Animal steals the show by singing at the top of his lungs:
THERE'S A LITTLE OLD LADY SLEEPING UP HEEEEERE!!!! LOL

But I also like the "Love Story" duet with Rowlf and the previously mentioned Gilda Radner bit where Zoot's mouth gets stuck to the saxophone.
You can't understand what Zoot is saying when the sax is stuck to his lips.

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
How have I not seen this thread?! :stick_out_tongue:

Zoot was really awesome in the Cleo Laine episode, also the one with Anne Murray. But honestly, any moment that he is actually the center of attention is awesome, because he's so under appreciated... :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
How have I not seen this thread?! :stick_out_tongue:

Zoot was really awesome in the Cleo Laine episode, also the one with Anne Murray. But honestly, any moment that he is actually the center of attention is awesome, because he's so under appreciated... :cool:
They should have had Zoot by himself more often. He's one of the coolest muppets ever!