Favorite Zoot moment?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I just had to tell you, I've read some of your fan fiction on Zoot and I really enjoy reading it. I know this is irrelevant to your comment but I just had to tell ya :smile:
Thank you, but reply to the actual thread next time. (which I know you just did, leaving me a bit confused)

mo

Reaction score
loved him in the first episode I think where he was annoyed by mahna mahna because that song is so dang catchy!

cjd874

Reaction score
There was another great one in the Dizzy Gillespie episode:
Zoot, Floyd and Animal are having a jam session outside when a woman opens her window and yells at them:
HEY! Hey you! Don't you know there's a little old lady sleeping up here?
Zoot: Nope, but hum a few bars and we'll fake it!
Then Animal steals the show by singing at the top of his lungs:
THERE'S A LITTLE OLD LADY SLEEPING UP HEEEEERE!!!! LOL

But I also like the "Love Story" duet with Rowlf and the previously mentioned Gilda Radner bit where Zoot's mouth gets stuck to the saxophone.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I also love Sax & Violence because once the music starts, all the comedy is purely physical with no dialogue and the artistry of the Muppeteers really shines - the expressions of both Zoot and Mahna throughout are what makes the piece.

My other fave Zoot moment is also one where it's all Muppetry/expressions with no words. West Side Story's America in the Spike Milligan ep. Zoot's totally into his playing just going all over the place and then the witch doctor shows up, his reaction is priceless!

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Thank you, but reply to the actual thread next time. (which I know you just did, leaving me a bit confused)
Sorry about that. I had to surf the actual thread which took me awhile to find. I'll do that next time.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
There was another great one in the Dizzy Gillespie episode:
Zoot, Floyd and Animal are having a jam session outside when a woman opens her window and yells at them:
HEY! Hey you! Don't you know there's a little old lady sleeping up here?
Zoot: Nope, but hum a few bars and we'll fake it!
Then Animal steals the show by singing at the top of his lungs:
THERE'S A LITTLE OLD LADY SLEEPING UP HEEEEERE!!!! LOL

But I also like the "Love Story" duet with Rowlf and the previously mentioned Gilda Radner bit where Zoot's mouth gets stuck to the saxophone.
I laughed so hard when I saw that the first time. LOL Love it!

cjd874

Reaction score
I just came across these as well:
Anne Murray sings and the EM (sans Animal) back her up.

and I REALLY LOVE Zoot's gritty sax solo in the Chopin number.
:big_grin:: All right! Honk it! Honk it! (I think that's what Dr. Teeth says to Zoot.)

Hubert

Reaction score
Another one of my favorite Zoot moments is in MFC where I believe he is sitting on the steps as the Gonzo/Camilla/Turkey scuffle happens, and Zoot's little reaction to it all is just so great. It's hilarious how he reacts, yet he also seems so laid back in the midst of what is happening.