Favorite Zoot moment?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Oh yes Sax and Violence, a true classic. lol Plus one of Nigel's rare apperances after he lost the audition for being The Muppet Show host. lol Was this the only time Jim performed Nigel after the pilot? Or was the last time Jim performed Nigel was The Muppet Show number where Floyd was on bass and Nigel whistled. I always thought that was Jim performing Nigel in that. I think it the Perl Baley episode, Frank Oz was performing Nigel in the Choir and boy can Nigel swing to that Gospol tune just claping his hands, dancing and just very energetic. I loved seeing him in the background for that and my best guess is that was Frank performing him. I'm glad Nigel got rebuilt and I'm hoping perhaps Steve Whitmire could take over the voice. It's like Kermit but a pitch higher, I think I heard a breif "mmm Hmm" in the new Muppet Movie and it sounded like him a bit.

Anyone ever noticed how with Zoot in the later years his mouth became wider? The original had kind of a Dr. Bunsen Honeydew like mouth a little bit.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Oh yes Sax and Violence, a true classic. lol Plus one of Nigel's rare apperances after he lost the audition for being The Muppet Show host. lol Was this the only time Jim performed Nigel after the pilot? Or was the last time Jim performed Nigel was The Muppet Show number where Floyd was on bass and Nigel whistled. I always thought that was Jim performing Nigel in that. I think it the Perl Baley episode, Frank Oz was performing Nigel in the Choir and boy can Nigel swing to that Gospol tune just claping his hands, dancing and just very energetic. I loved seeing him in the background for that and my best guess is that was Frank performing him. I'm glad Nigel got rebuilt and I'm hoping perhaps Steve Whitmire could take over the voice. It's like Kermit but a pitch higher, I think I heard a breif "mmm Hmm" in the new Muppet Movie and it sounded like him a bit.

Anyone ever noticed how with Zoot in the later years his mouth became wider? The original had kind of a Dr. Bunsen Honeydew like mouth a little bit.
The first time I saw Sax and Violence, I laughed at Zoot's expressions when Mahna Mahna suddenly appeared with his bell and started hitting Zoot at the end. Poor Zoot but he got his revenge at the very end and walked away, shaking from anger.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
That is funny! I am not really a hardcore Zoot fan, just a big Muppet fan. Zoot I feel is under-appreciated, and not very well represented here on the forums though. And you see "Your favorite 'X' moment" threads, and I haven't seen any Zoot ones, so I thought it could be fun to include it and what people say.
I made a thread for Zoot fans. I haven't had anyone start any conversations on it yet though.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Remember the one where Zoot plays sax and smoke comes out of it through out the musical number then just clouds up the camera while Rowld and Zoot coughs" lol One of my favorites, that and the one with the fly going into Zoots sax while he's jamming with Floyd and at the end he just slips the fly out of his mouth. lol
Here's the clip :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
The first time I saw Sax and Violence, I laughed at Zoot's expressions when Mahna Mahna suddenly appeared with his bell and started hitting Zoot at the end. Poor Zoot but he got his revenge at the very end and walked away, shaking from anger.
I liked it when Mahna Mahna punched Zoot in the face. lol

What I've noticed on The Muppet Show is when a character punches another character, the sound effect kind of sounds like a boxing glove a little bit. Today in the industry with punch sound effects, it's louder and more action sounding in general. It's kind of like with Spitting Image, sometimes they would use unusual sounds like a basketball bounce sound if a character punched another character, or with Tex Avery cartoons where a mallet hammer to another character is actually a gun sound effect that's being used. It's very interesting in my opinion. :smile: