1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Favorite Zoot moment?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Auberoun, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot Fan 1981 Active Member

Okay. I have 2 favorites on this clip. Last night I couldn't remember which one it was from and I found it this morning. Clip number 1 is with the farmer hitting the pig, sheep, and duck and is trying to get everyone to sing along but they won't because they don't approve of him abusing the animals like that. I love the look on Zoot's face when it shows the whole entire audience and the guy has no clue as to why they won't join him. My other favorite moment is when Zoot is playing his sax for Anne Murray while she's singing. In that clip you can tell how burnt out he is. Here's part of the episode.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  2. Zoot Fan 1981

The farmer clip starts at 3:43 if you would rather skip ahead and right after that is when Zoot makes that sax talk :cool:

3. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I noticed in the above clip when Zoot plays "Walk Right Back" that his sax sounds much lower, like a baritone sax, and when Dr. Teeth joins in, it goes up to the range of an alto sax. I wonder why that is. I don't think a saxophone has such a wide range like that.

4. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of Zoot so I don't think I really have any favorite moments. Sorry!:)

5. Zoot Fan 1981

I don't know either. I don't know anything about saxophones.

6. Zoot Fan 1981

Does anyone know where this shot of Zoot is from? It looks like Sesame Street but I'm not completely sure.
    [​IMG]

7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

No, it's definitely not Sesame Street. It's the end credits of the Muppet Movie (1979). After the film is over, the credits show all the Muppets in the theater, mingling with one another. Of course, Zoot is dozing off.
    (Big Bird's name is shown because he made a cameo in the movie.)

8. Zoot Fan 1981

Thanks for the info. I found the ending on youtube. (Just had to see it.) That couch must be pretty comfy because Zoot looks quite comfortable on it. I <3 Zoot!

9. Zoot Fan 1981

Here's the clip to the ending :cool:

10. Zoot Fan 1981

11. Zoot Fan 1981

Could you post the clip please? I would love to see it :cool:

12. Zoot Fan 1981

I meant the witch doctor one, not the Sax and Violence clip.

13. Zoot Fan 1981

I made the Chopin clip into a ringtone in Pisamba :cool:

14. Zoot Fan 1981

15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

:37-:46 - priceless!

cjd874 and Hubert like this.
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That is an awesome moment with the "America" thing, Zoot just is completely shocked. Hilarious! :cool:

17. Zoot Fan 1981

You can't understand what Zoot is saying when the sax is stuck to his lips.

18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Of course not, that's what makes it so funny.

ElizaSchuyler and Zoot Fan 1981 like this.
  19. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

How have I not seen this thread?! :p

Zoot was really awesome in the Cleo Laine episode, also the one with Anne Murray. But honestly, any moment that he is actually the center of attention is awesome, because he's so under appreciated... :cool:

ElizaSchuyler and Zoot Fan 1981 like this.
  20. Zoot Fan 1981

They should have had Zoot by himself more often. He's one of the coolest muppets ever!