Should Walter be a main character in place of Rowlf and Scooter?

should Walter be a major muppet

• yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • no

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't see how the rage over fart shoes is still a thing and the nose picking thing is treated as a "so what?" Fozzie's always been a bad comedian. Fart shoes sound like a pathetic attempt to get a laugh, vulgar but in character. Picking his nose and talking like a 4 year old about washing hands is oversimplification that's a slippery slope to his dumber personality. Fozzie loves his mother, sure. But that line Flanderizes him into a child, rather than an adult with close feelings.

And heck, you could make the argument he went to the bathroom. A poo joke is still worse than a fart joke in my book.

Obviously you don't. Spelling Fozzie's name wrong is a big no no in Muppet fandom. We don't accept it from toy companies, we don't accept it from casual fans, we shouldn't accept it from members. Especially members that can argue about how something's not true to character.

And seriously... calling a puppeteer a voice actor is another big no no. Just putting that out there so you'll know better next time.
MFS was directed by a guy who probably did not know any muppets besides Kermit, and Miss Piggy before coming, that movie failed, and that joke was bad, but it was still a good movie in my opinion, not great, but fine.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
MFS was directed by a guy who probably did not know any muppets besides Kermit, and Miss Piggy before coming, that movie failed, and that joke was bad, but it was still a good movie in my opinion, not great, but fine.
I don't much like MFS myself but it is a bit entertaining in some areas.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Except The Muppet Movie, Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan. :wink:
THANK YOU!

All I'm saying is some members are ripping into MMW all the sudden when some of the problems they've had with that movie have always been present since the movies started back up. Maybe not with MCC and MTI which were at least written by Jerry Juhl. But certainly since MFS. At least some members still remember the huge gaping flaws we've seen in the past 20 years.

I really do indeed like MFS, but Tim Hill ruined the crap out of that picture. The stuff with the new characters, Gonzo, and Jeffery Tambor was quite good. But Tim wanted all this lame mundane stuff in the script because how freaking cute it would be to have Kermit paint the house and check mail and do taxes with little bitty pencils instead of... you know... focusing the movie on the movie itself. Brain Henson should have directed the thing to begin with. Don't know why he didn't bother, they hired a bad director and they hired a worse director. The what could have beens in the script are maddening.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If there's one more reportage of rude behavior in this thread, the quarreling parties will receive warning points and the thread will be closed, as it's just proving to be a breeding grounds for fights.

Now please continue the conversation in a manner befitting us all as fans of Jim's collective works and forum members. Thanks. :attitude:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Deleted and/or reported posts are not discussed publically out of respect for the privacy of the anonimity of the person(s) who may have reported a post in the first place, so please stop asking "who reported whom?" as that will not be answered. Thanks.

:news: We now return you to your regular thread.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
speaking of walter. if they rebooted the muppet show he and nigel could do a whistling duet. I mean there was that one number nigel did where he whistled while floyd, I think it was floyd, played bass.
I'd like to see that.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Speaking about the "Fart Shoes" moment, I have a theory. It's simply my opinion, but here it is.

I think the reason the joke seemed very "un-muppety" is simply that they used the word "Fart". I think the shoes themselves are something that Fozzie WOULD use and I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. Fozzie was never stupid, but he was insecure and desperate for laughs. This isn't even the first time whoopee cushions have been used/mentioned. They were listed as one of their supplies in The Great Muppet Caper, and in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson they had the talking Whoopie Cushions. The "Fart Shoes" aren't all that different, except for the word "Fart".

To prove my point, think of Miss Piggy's "I've got to pee" line in Muppets From Space. Many fans, myself included, didn't like that line. On the other hand, no one had a problem with the scene in The Great Muppet Caper when all the Muppets were banging down the bathroom door, even though it was presumably for the same reason. The difference is that in TGMC, no one said "pee, poop, etc". We just had Animal yelling "BATHROOM" and Pops talking about people jumping up and down on one leg. Everyone knew what they were talking about, so they didn't need to use the more "vulgar" words.

I honestly think that if the Fozzie had said something like "Hey, Whoopie Cushion Feet" instead of "Hey, Fart Shoes", then not nearly as many fans would have had a problem with it.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I agree and the thing with fozzie washing his hands is that they have invisibility spray and it blew there cover:embarrassed::skeptical::fishy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This isn't even the first time whoopee cushions have been used/mentioned.
Correct, but as I've said before, in the original movies it was done with some indirect cleverness. Just having a character say "fart" to get a cheap laugh is the definition of desperate, pandering, studio mandated humor.