MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Mercy. This is a tired old topic now. It won't happen again, I sincerely believe. I think the closest we'll ever get again is a themed day at one of the Disney Parks and I'm okay with that kind of event. Like their Star Wars day.

The magic of that first Muppet Fest won't ever be captured again. :frown:

It's fun to wish about, but it won't happen anywhere else but the USA, and if it does it'll be at a park.

IF
actually ya bet your bippy I'd be at a themed event...as long as at least some semblence of people from JHC were there, and muppeteers. If thats the closest we can get to a next MF than sweet. Btw, anyone remember when "Muppetfest 2003" looked to be a go, with Palisades even selling a special tour animal for it? It was almost officially announced, but it never happened.

But c'mon, thinking there will be a MF2 has become like thinking there will be a Goonies 2 someday, or back to the future 4.

TennisMuppet

Reaction score
Muppet Conventions

Is there any knowledge as to whether or not there is a convention where Muppet Collectors gather and buy/sell/trade Muppet Collectibles? Any information on such a thing would be greatly appreciated. However, I don't expect much because from what I can tell there isn't a large Muppet Collection Market out there. :smirk:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
There have been "Muppetfest" gatherings in the past, but lately, everyone usually meets up at big toy conventions.

Philip Chapman, this site's creator, hosted both past meetings I believe.

TennisMuppet

Reaction score
Muppetfest

Are there any toy conventions coming up or "muppetfests" in the future? Where have the previous ones been? I think it would be kind of cool to get a travelling muppetfest going that travels the U.S. Going to cities like L.A., Orlando, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, NYC, San Fransico, etc.

superfan

Reaction score
A MuppetFest in Canada

I have long envied my neighbors(USA) and their opportunities to attend various Muppetfests.
Now...what are the chances of there being a Muppetfest in Canada?
Please keep in mind that I am new here, folks and if I'm starting a thread that has been done before, bear with me.
I just want to go to a Muppetfest!
Amy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you're digging in slim-pickin's. There was only ever one MuppetFest. Toughpigs.com had a members' meeting this year, sort of their own fanfest. I would almost doubt anything like that would happen in Canada, but if you watch after Disney gains the Muppets outside of their "Holding Company LLC," we may see certain Muppet-based events at the theme parks. I still think there should be a Disney Theme Park in Canada, even if it's no bigger than a Six Flags Theme Park.

superfan

Reaction score
aaaahh...I see....

Slim pickin's eh? Hhmmm. Great. Well, I often wish I could start one of my own! I know a guy who knows a guy....seriously...one of the puppeteers from Fraggle Rock, as a matter of fact! Well, a girl can dream can't she?

A Disney theme park in Canada? Yikes! Don't scare me off right away, now! :eek:

Thanks for the reply!

beaker

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Unfortunately, you're digging in slim-pickin's. There was only ever one MuppetFest. Toughpigs.com had a members' meeting this year, sort of their own fanfest. I would almost doubt anything like that would happen in Canada, but if you watch after Disney gains the Muppets outside of their "Holding Company LLC," we may see certain Muppet-based events at the theme parks. I still think there should be a Disney Theme Park in Canada, even if it's no bigger than a Six Flags Theme Park.
Well Kevin, don't rule out a special Muppet day/weekend at a Disney theme park...be it DL, CDA or WDW. It'll be a chance for Mupept fans all over to come together, as a sort of pseudo MuppetFest. Sure, there may be some fist fights, some harsh words to Eisner, and mixed feelings...but it'd be swell.

If only Muppet fananticism was anything like Farscape fandom.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
... we may see certain Muppet-based events at the theme parks.
Nobody pays attention anymore. I feel--like a step child.

Wait, I AM a step child.

Nevermind. :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
If only Muppet fananticism was anything like Farscape fandom.
Which kind of bothers me actually since Muppets have been around SO MUCH longer!! Where's the Farscape Fans when the Muppets needs 'em?? I need to start renting Farscape and watch it. I've not seen ANY of those yet; also haven't seen Bear itb Blue House either. So much catching up to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.