MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i <3 muppets

i havent checked the replies on this post in a bit, and wow. thanks for all the feedback. but this is what i mean. THAT many people are interested from a muppet central forum. theres tens of thousands of muppet fans that dont know about this website, or dont even have a computer.

i was speaking of exactly what 'FOZZIE BEAR' was saying. thats how all horror conventions work, and im insanely familiar with them: i attend them every year and know people who set them up. you rent a block of rooms from the hotel, and plan the convention within the hotel. you fly performers to the convention, give them rooms for free, and allow them sell 8X10 glossys for autographs, autographs for your item signed, shirts, whatever they have & want to sell. thats how they make money. i dont think any muppet performer would really turn this down. and if we take it far enough, for life-long dreams to come true... just maybe another live muppet show. thats seems far-fetched at the moment, but you just never know!

so 'CANTUS ROCK', please. lets not knock this down. because it IS highly possible. sure disney is putting out the dvd box sets of the muppet show, which is a huge and amazing surprise! but who the heck knows what they hold for the future. everybody has their own views, but i dont think it looks good for the older, classic, fan favorite muppets we all know and love, like: dr. teeth & the electric mayhem, sweetums, crazy harry, uncle deadly, mahna, lips, swedish chef, marvin suggs, sam the eagle, etc.!!!!!! and as for the Fraggle Rock dvds.. yeah of course nothings happening yet. thats because disney would have to fork up all the cash to make it happen, since they now own it. if disney didnt want to be involved in the new fest, we could do it ourselves.. ya know?

im sure jim would be honored and overwhelmed looking down. honestly. it would truly be an incredible thing for the fans to do this. and being i attend conventions & meet actors constantly, it truly is an amazing and bonding experience, and the actors are ALWAYS overwhelmed and thrilled.

AS A TEAM, WE COULD DO THIS. I dont know how to set up an online petition, so if could someone could help thatd be great. I just want to get it up and going and see how many people truly would be for it & attend!

Lets just sit and wait and do see if disney surprises us with anything. but at the same time, im going to be researching and just figuring everything out. just for the sake of it. and who knows, maybe one day in the near future, if disney doest not fulfill our dreams with the muppets, we'll do it ourselves!

thanks for all your kind words. they mean a lot!!!! i love this forum!!!!!!!

-mike!

:big_grin: :sing: :cool:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I'm not trying to knock anything down; I'm just looking at it from a realistic standpoint. If you are going to make a fan gathering happen, I'd be more than happy to attend. But I'm skeptical of a massive event being held again, and until I hear otherwise from a major source, there is little that can change my view on that.

If you're all this hopeful and want it so badly, get this thing going! Plan, make arrangements, create a heirarchy of powers for tasking. Being hopeful here isn't going to get the job done. And that is why I'm not easily swayed; we've had these sorts of discussions before, and nothing has come of them. So, prove me wrong here folks; I'd be happy to eat my words.

And you might want to check your facts on the Fraggle Rock set Beaker4Presidnt..It goes beyond Disney where the DVD distribution is concerned. Just FYI..

Reaction score
woah now. you need to calm down. your talking to me as if im some kind of child. your views are fine with me. end of that. :confused:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't see where anybody's being mean or talking down. It's just honest talking.

And to continue that, I still say we need to wait and see what Disney is going to do. They're already plastering Muppets in every outlet they can, so they may have plans up their sleeves. Besides that, I don't see a petition helping anything. It might show some interest, but it still won't change anything. Lots of money goes into a convention like MuppetFest, and that would likely be the concern of the big-whigs at The Mouse.

As far as doing it as a fan convention, we'd have to wait on that and see. I doubt we could get another Live Muppet Show at a fan convention--though, that's not to say a puppet show couldn't be done.

In the meantime, all you folks who are interested in this should be checking out the thread under Puppetry about the 2005 PofA Puppetry Festival. Jerry Juhl will be there showing stuff from Jim Henson's Video Vault and that would be a VERY opportune time for Muppet Fans to get together.

christyb

Reaction score
Hey, count me in! I always knew there was a reason I shoulda applied to Concordia.

Status
Not open for further replies.