MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I will give it a little while but I think there are many fans who would be interested in getting involved in some kind of weekend events. I know I am, I am currently thinking of maybe getting a bunch of Chicago area people together. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's a Muppet Meet-up you can sign up for at meetup.com and form a group based on that! I tried a few times here in Memphis, but it was a no-go.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Which one? There are several which lead up to my apartment (which is, coincidentally, connected to other such apartments). I wanted to turn it into a Muppet Fan group, and folks could bring out their own puppets, y'know?

beaker

Reaction score
Another thing to remember folks, is that now and then there can be little events here and there that can be used for Mupept fan gatherings. Like when Carrol Spinney did his book tour with Oscar, that could have been used for a Muppet fanmeetup (I know Im not shy to go up to other fans). That Henson film exhibit in NY, that Kermit walk of fame thing in Hollywood, etc.

christyb

Reaction score
True. But I like the idea of a big convention on the scale that Muppetfest was. (Highly unlikely but possible) It would be a lot of work but if there was demand enough for it and somehow it could be put together. Ok, so I need to stop thinking and typing. I would love another Muppetfest just like everyone else. But I do see it that it's unlikely that Disney will put out one. But there had to be a way we could put together our own. We'd hafta probably do without the characters (ok stay with me I'm dreaming here) but it's possible we could get the performers together and such. A long shot I know, but hey anything can happen.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
(I know Im not shy to go up to other fans).
No, you ain't! :smile:

And it's a good thing, too, or I wouldn't have made it to the Live Muppet Show without renting a car or taxi!

unclematt

Reaction score
Christyb, I love you. You dream like I dream. BIG!!! We are a force to be reckoned with if we put all of our Muppet Central strength together. If Beauregard, Fozzie Bear, Beaker, Vic Romano, Cantus Rock, ScrapsFlippy and Beaker4Presidnt care enough about this we may have something. The people I listed are just people that posted in this thread, imagine how many others we could get behind us. Muppet Central isnt just a web site or a forum, It is a family. Families work together to make things happen. Lets work together to make this happen.

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
True....but hey anything can happen.
*enter singing, dancing somewhat exploding pink mackrels with yellow eyes and purple feathers*

christyb

Reaction score
See what I mean?? *points to singing, dancing somewhat exploding pink mackrels with yellow eyes and purple feathers* And thank you unclematt, it never hurts to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.