MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
I appreciate you're honesty Cantus Rock.

I just keep thinking about this green little frog that said:

Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it's done so far
What's so amazing
That keeps us star gazing

I have this wish and someday it might be answered for the lovers, the dreamers and me.

Kind of sappy I know but it is what the song is all about and I am not ready to give up so if there is anybody that wants to help and start this petiton going please let me know.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I personally think letters will be better than an online petition, but that's just me.

I'd love for it to happen, but I can't help looking realistically and saying, uh uh, ain't gunna. But, maybe we could set up a smaller one. Invite a performer... I dunno.

Perhaps one of the newer, mor enthusiastic guys like Eric Jacobson...I dunna.

We could sit around with Muppet Fans and watch movies. Say "Hi ho" and "Kissey, Kissey" and argue teh finer points of Mupept cannon.

Oh boy I wish I hadn't missed the last one...

unclematt

Reaction score
Beauregard, I have never done anything like this. Have you? I will start working on it tomorrow if I need to.

And by the way I am looking forward to our update 11 o'clock :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
There is a remote possibility this summer as part of some sort of awareness celebration relaunch thingamajig that Disney may have a Muppets day or weekend. Sadly it might not be much more than team crew members in costumes.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
If 30,000+ people can't get FR on DVD by now, you think a petition is going to put an extremely costly convention into the works?
It can't be too far off that we may be seeing the season sets!
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/031005.shtml

It's all speculation still, but highly likely. :excited:

We need to get a block of rooms in a hotel somewhere and send an invitation out to the performers and each other to show up, watch movies, and chit-chat. Do a fan-run thing instead. I'm on a convention planning committee for a cartoonists gig this October, let me see how that turns out.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
beaker said:
There is a remote possibility this summer as part of some sort of awareness celebration relaunch thingamajig that Disney may have a Muppets day or weekend. Sadly it might not be much more than team crew members in costumes.
That's a little disconcerning.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
We need to get a block of rooms in a hotel somewhere and send an invitation out to the performers and each other to show up, watch movies, and chit-chat. Do a fan-run thing instead. I'm on a convention planning committee for a cartoonists gig this October, let me see how that turns out.
I'm all for that type of thing...sounds fun! I don't know what the performers' contracts stipulate as to guest appearances (being that I'm sure they'd consider even a small thing like this a guest appearance due to its organized nature), but if it is possible, I'm there.

As for the FR DVD sets, I am really certain its just a matter of time. But being that its been such a struggle with so many back-and-forth rumors, I'm just waiting for the actual end product before I post a little Red smiley. :wink:

And as for characters in the reacclaimation-type thing with Disney...last time I was at Muppet*Vision (which is admittedly way too long ago, being its currently 3 hours away and will be 30 minutes away when I go to college in June), there were already charactered persons around. I don't know where I put the pictures I took with them, but I know I have some. Anyway, the point is that hopefully it could be at least a little more than that, since that is already happening in my neck of the woods. Perhaps something more along the lines of MGM's "Star Wars Weekend" or something.

unclematt

Reaction score
We need to get a block of rooms in a hotel somewhere and send an invitation out to the performers and each other to show up, watch movies, and chit-chat. Do a fan-run thing instead. I'm on a convention planning committee for a cartoonists gig this October, let me see how that turns out.[/QUOTE]

That would be fun. I could go for that. :excited:

Status
Not open for further replies.