The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know another reason why widescreen sucks? Brad Garrett is so tall, if you have him in a group shot with others, half his entire head is cut off.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't mind widescreen so much as long as it's not just putting two black bars on the top and bottom to fake "widescreen."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what was my first exposure to ASMR as a kid?

When the camera pans over to Gordon and Edward at Knapford Station. I was actually glad the U.S. version ommited the "busy engines" theme on that scene; it ruined the moment of silence for me when I saw the original Ringo narration years later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Given that the Sex and Violence pilot was co-written by Jon Stone, I almost feel like it almost has a slight SS vibe to it - particularly that whole thing with the 7 Deadly Sins and all: it feels like a pageant Prairie Dawn would put on if she were trying to be "edgy."

cjd874

Reaction score
Given that the Sex and Violence pilot was co-written by Jon Stone, I almost feel like it almost has a slight SS vibe to it - particularly that whole thing with the 7 Deadly Sins and all: it feels like a pageant Prairie Dawn would put on if she were trying to be "edgy."
Not to mention that Sex & Violence has recurring sketches like At the Dance, the Mount Rushmore bits, the wrestling match, and Statler and Waldorf's commentary---all interspersed with Sam, Floyd, and Nigel's "backstage" scenes. Just like how Sesame Street was structured with cartoons, films, and sketches inserted between the street scenes.

Now that I think about it, a common---and absolutely essential---element that SS and TMS share is the use of recurring segments that are good enough to be stand-alone pieces. On SS there's Super Grover, Kermit's news flashes, Prairie Dawn's pageants, and Monsterpiece Theater (to name only a few). On TMS there's Pigs in Space, Veterinarian's Hospital, and Swedish Chef's Kitchen (to name only a few again).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I got my mom an HDMI cable for her new TV, hooked it up to the cable box, changed the TV input settings, and the picture still sucks.

MWoO

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, a common---and absolutely essential---element that SS and TMS share is the use of recurring segments that are good enough to be stand-alone pieces. On SS there's Super Grover, Kermit's news flashes, Prairie Dawn's pageants, and Monsterpiece Theater (to name only a few). On TMS there's Pigs in Space, Veterinarian's Hospital, and Swedish Chef's Kitchen (to name only a few again).
I always thought this is what Muppet's Tonight lacked. All of the stage segments seemed rushed, with the exception of Tales From the Vet which sometimes went too long. It felt like the actual show part of the show was an after thought.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is a Seth MacFarlane cartoon I wish had been a Family Guy cutaway:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As somebody who's intolerant to carbonation and loves gravy, I completely disagree with this statement.