The "You know what?" thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So you know the announcer who currently does voiceovers for Laff?

That's the same guy who used to do voiceovers for Disney Channel back in the day.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently, Muppet Wiki has added Sesame Street pages for EVERY episode past season 22, with full guide tables for all of them (except for a handful of season 22 episodes). Recently it came to my attention that if you click on an image and see pages that link there, you can see all the episodes they appear in. And now I realized, now if anyone really wants to know what the last episode to include certain skits was, you can know as long as it aired in season 23 or later.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you listen to Edwin Starr's "War (What is it Good For?)" on YouTube, you'll see only two kinds of comments:

1. People who faceteously comment that the song gets them pumped up and wanting to prepare to go to war.
2. People who take them seriously and whine that they completely missed the point of the song and need to pay attention to the lyrics and realize it's an anti-war song.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, like the saying goes, sarcasm is so easy to misunderstand through text.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I've been re-living Shining Time Station (the show that brought Thomas the Tank Engine to America), and you know who I've always loved?

Schemer.

He's such a great comic relief (and occasional antagonistic) character, and I just love how much of a man child he is with the whole schtick of him being a momma's boy. :laugh:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe this would be good as its own thread, but I've seen pages from Sesame Street scripts and know that episode scripts include listings of all inserts that appear. Makes me wonder if the writers have/had a big guide to the inserts to determine what to include. I know the CTW Archives has the first season show content, and maybe there's files for other seasons, but considering the segments are listed by "title", length, animator (if applicable), and either past episode numbers or some kind of production code, I wonder if they look to determine what to put in their episodes. Could they constantly rewatch the big back catalog of segments to see what should be included?

Or could they actually not list the sketches for the first draft, instead just including original scenes, and maybe have other people pick segments (unless a street scene introduces or refers to a previous clip) to put into future drafts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I imagining things, or are Bugles different now? Granted, I haven't eaten them in a long, long time, but I seem to remember their texture being lighter and crisper, and not so thick and crunchy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't eat it much either, but still, it seems different now.