Tim Burton remaking Willie Wonka

movielad

Reaction score
Given that I really enjoyed Big Fish, I'm sure John August's screenplay is going to do Roald Dahl's creation proud.

Also looking forward to the Corpse Bride whenever that comes out.

Regards,

Martyn

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I'm soooooo excited! Tim Burton is fabulous! I am soo excited, the trailer looks so dark. I dont think the book is especially dark but I love twisted versions of things!!

movielad

Reaction score
I bumped into TB at work once, and he's a lot taller than I expected. It was quite a surprise I can tell you! Didn't talk to him - just went past him and got on with my own business.

M.

Beauregard

Reaction score
movielad said:
I bumped into TB at work once, and he's a lot taller than I expected. It was quite a surprise I can tell you! Didn't talk to him - just went past him and got on with my own business.

M.
Cool, where do you work?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Saw the trailer today. Have got the cheesy song stuck in my head. I also noticed a distinct lack of Oompa Loompas. Johny Depp looks fab!

Beauregard

Reaction score
No. There were Ompa Lumpas (at least in the trailor on IMDB there is) Persumably they are the small guys who were playing the electric guitars and stuff.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
No. There were Ompa Lumpas (at least in the trailor on IMDB there is) Persumably they are the small guys who were playing the electric guitars and stuff.
Like the animatronic things. They reminded me of Its A Small World, wonder if that's deliberate. Anyway, I am a great lover of the books and I think Roahl Dahl is fabulous in general, so I hope they havent messed it about too much.

Chewing gum is really gross
Chewing gum I hate the most

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I'd really like to see them do Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator as well, I loved that book.
That's my second least favourite Dahl book, after The Magic Finger

yiieepyepyep

Reaction score
johnny depp!

Johnny depp is going to play willie...check out the trailer online!