Tim Burton remaking Willie Wonka

Shock

Reaction score
Im really curious about what its gonna be like. He's one of my favorite directors. (If not my number 1 favorite)

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Party_Animal said:
I also saw in an article that Johnny D was going to play Wonka.
I just read an interview with him in Rolling Stone where he said that was one of his upcoming projects. He made it seem like it wasn't for sure yet but then he said he'd be crazy not to do it so i'm pretty sure it will be him. Which is cool, I think he'll be great!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Is it definate that there will be a Willy Wonka film remake? I thought it was just a rumour but it sounds quite definate from reading this.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Is it definate that there will be a Willy Wonka film remake? I thought it was just a rumour but it sounds quite definate from reading this.
I'm pretty sure it's definite. :excited:

SammieRose

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The radio reported today that Tim Burton wants to do a remake of the 70's classic Willie Wonka. So far, I have found one website discussing this saying that Marilyn Manson is slotted to be Willie.

I'm very interested in seeing the Burtonesque vision of Willie Wonka, but with Manson in the role??? Yipe! That doesn't work for me.

Certainly a remake won't fill the place in my heart for the original, but what do you all think?

FOZ
I believe, and this could have already been posted, that Johnny Depp has signed on as Willie Wonka. I think that's all the casting that has been done thus far. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, but that post was in July of 03 ( I think); since then I've learned much more about this movie. But thanks for posting that. I wonder who all else will be in the film; and what the oopa loompas are gonna be like? I hope more evil looking.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Maybe Christopher Walkin will play the Oompa Loompas! I just hope to Henson that they won't be CG. I can't take anymore live action/CG!

BTW, does anyone know if it's still going to be a musical? That music is far too good to pass up.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
Maybe Christopher Walkin will play the Oompa Loompas! I just hope to Henson that they won't be CG. I can't take anymore live action/CG!

BTW, does anyone know if it's still going to be a musical? That music is far too good to pass up.
Is Henson going to be involved in this movie? its just from that last post it sounds like it could but I could have got it wrong.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Oh boy! I started my very own rumor!

No, I do not have any knowledge of Henson working on the film -- I was simply making up my own expression ("hope to Henson") and I thought it had a nice little ring to it.

It would be cool if JHC did work on it though... all the Oompa Loompas could be like Hoggle!

BTW, I take back what I said about Christopher Walkin's casting in that last post -- he should be Slugworth.