Tim Burton remaking Willie Wonka

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
BTW, I take back what I said about Christopher Walkin's casting in that last post -- he should be Slugworth.
Christopher Walken would be a GREAT Slugworth. :smile:
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wonkavision

Hiya.I remember when my brother's school class got to see Wonka in the movie theater.I finally got to see it about 10 years ago.I love Wonka,my roomate & I quote from it all the time(as said in so many other posts,yes we quote a lot of movies,lol).I read Dahl's book about 5 years ago,liked it.I definately agree with the choices of Robin Williams or Christopher Walken(I heard Johnny Depp at the beginning of talks).Casting for Wonka has to be a nice man,but remember,Wonka(according to Gene Wilder himself)was a liar,conniving.(When all of the kids did wrong weren't scolded, & Charlie was for bumping into the ceiling for 'stealing Fizzy-Lifting drinks',that was so 2 faced; but all was well when he gave up his gobstopper(as a test,to show he wouldn't tell Slugworth).Waiting to see what happens in/to this project in the future.-JaniceFerSure :smile:

Hsawankow.Is that Japanese?No,that's Wonkawash spelled backwards.
Charlie.Don't forget what happend to the boy who suddenly got every thing he wanted.What happend to him?He lived happily ever after. :sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I for one would love to see this remake, as long as Burton's behind it.

I like the old movie, but it was too goofy, and the musical parts would definately not work. The best thing about the classic was Gene Wilder's acting! Gene Wilder is one of my favorite actors, especially in Young Frankenstein and the Producers.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
I can't wait for Tim Burton's version to come out-he is so under appreciated! I like the old movie too, but it did stray from the book; the book is much darker, and I know Tim Burton will capture that darkness perfectly.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I recall hearing that the author of "Mary Poppins" thought that Disney really failed to capture the darkness in her stories, and particularly in her protagonist. I adore Disney's "Mary Poppins" - one of my all-time favorite movies - but wouldn't that be something to imagine... "Mary Poppins" as directed by Tim Burton??
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
YES! And then EVERY DAY could be HALLOWEEEEENNNN!!! AH HA HA HA HA HA!!!