Figures broken in packaging

Luke

Reaction score
Too late really to do anything about Zoot, that series has been and gone, unless of course they still have him at the retailer where you bought your figures. Link could do with being replaced though - you need to go back to your retailer and ask for an exchange or refund. If you run into problems doing that, THEN is the point where you contact Palisades customer services. They will be happy to help, but lots of people seem to get the course of action mixed up and go straight to them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have sent back figures broken in transit from EB Online. It was a poorly packed Bunsen. It's best to catch these things right away. If you buy them in the store you shouldn't take more than a day or two to return it. Looks suspicious otherwise. I have passed up figures in the stores because of my picky criteria for the paint aps. I'm that way with every product I buy. When I buy a book or DVD I always take from the middle of the section.

towels

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
What store are you talking about? Curious. :confused: :eek:
Heh. I'm a little slow in responses I guess.
I was talking about Target-they won't even entertain a conversation without a receipt. Which is too bad because I really like them otherwise.

StrykeGorf

Reaction score
Which Target do you go to? That goes strictly against all of our Guest service rules? We offer receipt look ups and no receipt returns. Only in certain occasions can we not take a return. Any problems just let me know. Maybe I could do something to help. I could at least be able to give you our exact policies.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Hahhaah

Towels, if you're in the Chicago area, I may know the ******* responsible for the return policy at your Target. One of my old chums is all about getting something for nothing, and does so on a regular basis. It's almost his livelihood.

As far as sticky joints, I hear ya. I recently got overexcited and snapped off the forearm of my new Strangepork. I bought a second one cause I thought he needed an evil twin (this would be an incredible mod) and I wanted to try and put this one in the X-Men movies' Professor X wheelchair (he looks awesome incidentally). I got the Strangepork on clearance so return is out of the question. My buddy has a cockamamie system for fixing them, but I feel that the Evil Strangepork (dr Bad-Pork??? HAHAHA) should have a hook hand or something. Some kind of weapon arm would be killer. Claw maybe??? We'll see.

Anyway, the creation of customs aside, I think that stuck joints are a hazard collectors have come to deal with. I have had many a sticky joint, but forcing it has worked so far (Strangepork notwithstanding). The fridge thing probably works too... I would use the fridge over the freezer...

Anyway, good luck guys!!!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Jeez, I'm a total jerk...

Jedi X,

Sorry to hear about your aunt, man. Whether or not it has anything to do with figs, I'm sure we're all open to hearing your stressful feelings in this sad time.

Regardless, these figure issues ARE something that should be addressed. I think Ken has been more than generous with his handing out of knowledge on our behalf and would address the issues you have if you contacted him or Mr Equi. Palisades replaced my vacation Fozzie when it was found that his hat didn't work magnetically and Suncoast was all out of them. At least they will address your problem, if not out and out solve it.

OK, So that being said, Jedi, there's no reason to feel like you put anyone out with this post/ thread. As you can see, it was notable enough to accrue 3 pages worth of replies SO FAR. Obviously it's valid to the readers here.
Sorry about your woeful news man. I don't want to speak for anyone else, but my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

jediX

Reaction score
Meh, it's okay (even though the reactions on this &*(#@ing thread are why I didn't come back for several months last summer). I sorta hoped this thread would just die off and become lost in the oblivion that is the archives. I'm not proud of it.

I posted the whole story on http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=13436.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Well..

I sure can't speak for others, but I hear ya. There have been a few reactions here from time to time that made me want to crash the internet.

Just keep remembering that some of the people who spend alot of time on the internet spend very little time with other human beings, and thus, have limited social skills.

For the most part, everyone I have met on the entire internet are decent people whose presence online is looked forward too by myself and others.

Keep the faith young jedi.

josh.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I have a problem with loose joints more than sticky ones. Especially Floyd and Zoot, they cant keep their hands in place at times.