Figures broken in packaging

jediX

Reaction score
Well, the wrists on my Sam and Strangepork were REALLY sticky (I can't express REALLY strongly enough) but with a twist I got em' working again (never heard of your method, Aerosmith...I'll have to try that sometime lol). If they don't move after that, I just give up... its not worth having to superglue a limb back on :wink:

Ryan

Reaction score
BTW, Jamie, love the new avatar. Great Gonzo picture. Having tough competiton with the other avatar, huh? :wink:

I havent had too many problems, but, like Joggy, my Animal's right hand broke off, after just one twist. Aerosmith's method is the way to go, that's how I loosened my Link and Strangepork up.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo is more my fave Muppet, but I like Scooter almost as much and he better represents my personality on the board. I changed it in honor of Dave's birthday, but will probably keep it for a while. :wink: :concern:

I'd think the Animal hands would push right back in. They are mushroom pins right? From what I've heard, McFarlane action figures have similar articulation issues and they're the industry leader. I used to be scared to twist sticky joints, but have gotten more confidence through the series. In some cases I'll just let the figure sit a day and then twist the difficult joint. No real problems yet. :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I have to say that some of these complaints are BS. There are bound to be accidents. The Link things IS freakish because this is the first and only case I've heard about such a thing. Maybe that store just got a bad case, it happens. But series four has no wide spread problems. The joints have been altered so that if they are sticky, they are chunk enough not to break. And if a joint is stuck, do NOT stick it in the freezer because that is not a Palisades recomended fix. The real way to fix it is to pull the hand away from the arm a little so that the pin loosens a bit, then try. Also, try keeping your figures in a cool place. If it's hot, they will melt and get sticky, they are freaking plastci, duh.

Too many complaints that really are valid here. The only real problem has been the series 1 lab set wires, and that WAS a freakish mistake by the first factory who got canned because they made too many mistakes.

Ryan

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I'd think the Animal hands would push right back in. They are mushroom pins right? From what I've heard, McFarlane action figures have similar articulation issues and they're the industry leader. I used to be scared to twist sticky joints, but have gotten more confidence through the series. In some cases I'll just let the figure sit a day and then twist the difficult joint. No real problems yet. :smile:
The pin actually snapped. So it would have to be reglued. :sympathy: :rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
No real problems yet. :smile:
{a few days later}

Jamie is happily playing with his action figures...when all of a sudden.....

*SNAP*!

*Jamie tries desperately to stick Kermit's head back on*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
LOL! I can assure you that's one of the strongest joints of all. :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's the way it should be....wouldn't it just corrupt the world's children....

and the big kids too :wink:

jediX

Reaction score
I might as well explain why I started this thread before someone attacks me or accuses me of being a whiner about the blasted figures...

I'm on the verge of a breakdown right now because my Aunt was just diagnosed with brain cancer at the beginnng of June and we don't know how long she has left. So to get out a little stress I posted the complaint, along with returning to the forum after a 4-month hiatus. So please don't attack me... ok so I should have looked before buying the stupid thing; my fault. I regret posting this complaint now, gaaaaaaaah, I should just finish this before I make myself seem like a freak :cry:

If any of you have any advice for me then please help, I need someone to talk to :frown:

Oh, and if you want to see a picture of the strange deformation on Link's face, I can go take a picture.

-Matt

WiGgY

Reaction score
Not to seem heartless, because I really do empathize with you, but I don't see how the two are related what so ever.