Henson Exits Muppet House Post

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Henson co-producing

Jim Henson Pictures is co-producing the CGI animated "Astro-Boy" film with Sony. I think Brian Henson is one of the producers.

Luke

Reaction score
Daniel,

I completely, completely agree with everything you said there. Maybe i was underplaying Brian's role a little and if this move will mean that he can focus on ideas that will bring that little special 'something' back into the company then all power to him.

I do though have my doubts that this is whats going on - of late they have decided to bring in independant producers and writing talent into Henson projects - namely the new Fox show, but also the Muppet movie scripts that were bought and have not yet been made.

I am very much pro Henson people being involved in the creative side of the company so i hope that Brian can get more involved rather than fading away. I really do get the feeling that JHC wants to bring in young blood with funky industry reputations so maybe a guiding (but not too overbearing) Henson hand is what they need to make it all work.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
They're actually doing that "Astro Boy" thing? With Sony?

Anita3434

Reaction score
I think it's about time Brian Henson took a break, he's starting to look older than his sister Lisa (i think shes older?)
No doubt he'll still work on the muppet show.