Muppet Film and TV References

jeremyactor

Reaction score
In the Blues Brothers movie (the original), right before Jake and Elwood smash the car into the Toys R Us, you see someone hold up a Kermit doll and ask a clerk "Do you have this in a Miss Piggy?" Maybe a reference to the fact that Frank Oz was in the movie as the warden - maybe not.

Jeremy

Gonzo14

Reaction score
There was an Episode of the Cosby show where Dr. Huxtable dreamed that 2 muppets (I believe it was Doglion and Sweetums) kidnapped him and took him to a hospital where he was shoved on a stage that looked just like the muppet show stage, Gonzo came out and announced they were going to perform surgery of Dr, Huxtable, there was also a Balcony with 2 hecklers, one was Statler, the other was Bill Cosby dressed like Waldorf

In Forest Gump, Forest Jr. was watching Sesame Street

On Cheers, Diane said Sam's kind a intellectual stimulation was counting with Big Bird

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There was another reference to a Miss Piggy balloon on "Married with Children" where Bud's sick on Thanksgiving and having some naughty, cold-medicine induced thoughts about her.:rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dispite the fact I cannot stand the show, I was watching Will and Grace last night (someone had it on the telivision, and he liked it) but The really annoying screachy guy (Jack, I guess) Forced Will to sing the Twelve days of Christmas like "The Count from Sesame Street"

It still wasn't funny!

Foreignman

Reaction score
Speaking of "annoying screachy guys", I was watching Saved by the Bell the other day, it was the episode with the frog disection. This was a Junior High episode, from the years with Zack, Lisa, Screach, and three other kids whose names I can't recall, Jessie, Slater, and Kelly hadn't arrived yet. Anyway, the main girl character from that era brings the disection, which disgusts her, to her friends attention, to which Screach screaches "Not Kermit!", the girl replys annoyed, "we're talking actual life here, Screach, not puppets." I hate it when they're called puppets... They're not puppets, they're Muppets.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There's one from "Punky Brewster" I liked. It's from an episode where Punky's invited to a rich guy's birthday party, and she asks Margo for ettiquette lessons. So, she and Cherry are taking the lesson on how to sit properly-

Punky: (Through clenched teeth) I feel like a Muppet.
Cherry: You are turning a little green....

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
i found a couple more Family Guy ones. They're both from the episode where they go to New York.

First up, The Griffins are checking into their hotel and Peter says, "Hey do you have any rats that are bellhops like the muppets?"

Then later,Meg is showing Peter her bird calls, she does one and Big Bird comes up. He says some stuff that I can't exactly say on here but it's hilarious.

Also last night on Saturday Night Live, they were singing a song and Tracy Morgan was dressed up like Chicken Dance Elmo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not really a refference, but...

I was watching CBS Sunday Morning, and they had a story about an art gallery having some sort of DJ Mix master event, but only using Christmas records...
The one they used most frequently was the Sesame Street Christmas Album, and they mixed and scratched the Count's "All I Vant for Christmas are my two front teeth.."

I think this exhibit is still open somewhere, it was only yesterday..

casanovOz

Reaction score
There is also an old "Mother Goose and Grimmy" comic strip which I have on my wall where Grimmy is trying to perform a puppet by saying "what is the top of a house called?" the puppet responds: "woof" and then Grimmy looks at the reader abd says, "hey, Jim Henson had to start somewhere!"
:smile: