Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know why I watched this, but they Mentioned Sesame Street on Looney Toons Babies. Apparently, the plot (what I got of it) featured the TV getting Broken or the power going out or something, so they put on their own shows with a cardboard TV, and they were the players (sounds familliar, huh?) Bugs, Tweety and Taz did some sort of Sesame Street Parody (that I can't recall the name of) and says, "Today's show is broguht to you by the letter (he holds up a scribble, he can't read just yet) and the number one Billion (?)!" SOmeopne asks why he used that, and he says "All the other numbers were taken by that other show." Taz was the Grump (a take off on Oscar the Grouch) and lived in a crate. That's all I got.

On the live action Tick, Tick was going through an identity crisis. Then Arthur (as a narrator) says that maybe the Tick has lost his mind (or the rough equivillant). The Tick is watching Grover, and he says..."DADDY????"

On an opening of an Episode of Garfield and Friends, Garfield says, "Today's show is brought to you by the letter K and the number 9!"

On last seasnon's Simpsons, in which the Republican Party destroys the enviroment, Krusty Suggests, "How about we gewt rid of PBS? Those lousy Muppets have been stealing food out of my mouth for too long!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Can't think of many more references right now but...

this is just a quick message in reply to Cantus Rock.
What does "imposing your beliefs on others" mean?
By stating what you believe?!!! If you don't agree with what I believe, you don't have to. But I will speak up for the Truth when it is subverted. And I will speak up for Jesus- the only God and Savior. People get "offended" too much.

By the way, Yoda was indeed made by Jim Henson and The Creature Workshop and Frank Oz performed him in the first three Star Wars movies. Unfortunately, in the prequel movies, he is being done via CGI.

Also, Full House is a cool show too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last night on Hollywood Squares, Alec Baldwin got the Question "Does Cookie Monster only eat Cookies?" (or something to that extent) and Ale answered, "I'd hate to break it to you, he's a PUPPET!!!" He answered yes, and the host said "RIGHT! He eats vegetables and Fruits to teach kids nutrition." (Half an answer. He eats Trucks, Plates, any collapsable prop they feed him...)

They also had one about various places on the Simpsons.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Here's another one:

In Dogma, right before Jay shoots Bartleby's wings off, he says:
"Hey, Big Bird! Time to play the counting game! Count the shells!"

And BTW, Yoda was not created by the Henson workshop. He was actually created by Lucas' group, with help from makeup designer Stuart Freeborn.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
there was a quick reference on tonight's Do Over:

Pat's mom is talking about a client she had that wanted to get corn rows. Pat's mom then says. "Mind you she looks like Snuffleupagus"

Plus they showed the Mastercard commercial during a break so I got it on tape!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
here's another Wayans Bros one:

Shawn and Marlon find a baby by their doorstep that they have to take care of. They go through the baby-bag-thing and go through all the stuff, including diapers, a bottle, and a rubber duckie. Marlon takes the rubber duckie and starts singing "Rubber Duckie, you're the one". Shawn continues going through the stuff until he does his trademark 'hit Marlon on the back of the head' and says "Will you shut up, boy!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't ask me why... I saw an episode of Antiques Road Show in which they were talking about New Orleans and Maris Gras, and showed several people in costumes. Two people were together, and one was wearing a Bert mask, while the other was wearing an Ernie one....

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
this one's from a Celebrity Jeopardy skit on Saturday Night Live. Alec (Will Ferrell) is naming the categories and he goes:

"FAMOUS MUPPET FROGS. Let me start by saying all the answers in this category are Kermit The Frog."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Found two this weekend...

In the Movie Jingle all the way, one store has Sesame Street Doll visable (mostly Elmo). A guy walks buy carrying a Big Bird doll when Arnold S. punches the Turbo man Cardboard display out. Later, in the Parade Scene, you can see costumed caracters of Ernie and Bert (non Muppet ones to look out for.. The Tick, Gumby, Leonardo of the Ninja Turtles)

On last night's King of the Hill, Hank and Bobby are watching the Thanksgiving parade, and Hank says, "Hmm.. That Miss Piggy baloon has the same hair as your Mother!"