1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

have you ever seen that show on CBs callled still standing well on one show the co star who i can,t remeber her name but i know she is the mom and i think she is really preety was wearing a kermit shirt. just ike saying that hey i got the frog in my heart or somthing who knows.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

She wore Muppet shirts on three different occasions...

she wore Kermit, Cookie Monster (a Shirt that says "Me like Cookies" I think) and Oscar the Grouch...

Apparently, she also played Gilda Radner in the TV movie about her life.
  3. agger_rob

agger_rob New Member

I don't know if anyone's mentinoed this, but on an old episode of SNL back when they did the Celebrity Jeopardy skits a lot, one of the categories was "Muppet Frogs" and Alex Trebeck (played by Will Ferrell) said, just in case you are wondering, every answer in this category is Kermit."
  4. Drtooth

I love to dive into the most obscure refferences possible... Here's one from a local show (Massachusettes, and probabl;y other portions of New England get it)

There's this food critic show called the Phantom Gormet, and they were talking about the area's best bakeries...

In 2 shots of one bakery featured at the end of the show, there's a cake with a 3-D Elmo decorated out of icing....
  5. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I don't know if this was mentioned, so sorry if it was. I don't feel like reading this entire thread again.

Anyhoo, this doesn't have to do with Muppets, but it's puppety, so I thought I'd mention it. It was on Family Guy, and one of the characters was saying something about how Peter couldn't be left alone, because the last time he was, he turned their house into a puppet. Then it wnt to a clip of him inside the house, pulling on a rope, and speaking into a microphone or something. Next, it showed the outside of the house, and the roof was raising up and down, like a puppet's mouth. It was hai-larious.
  6. agger_rob

agger_rob New Member

Ok, here's one I haven't seen... On SNL a little while ago, Justin Timberlake was hosting. One of the skits was he said that hosting SNL was one of his dreams, and another one was to sing a duet with Kermit the Frog. The camera panned out to see a poor imitation of Kermit on a brick wall. They start to sing some song and Timberlake steps in a little close to where the pupetteer would be and Kermit yells ouch. It happens one or two more times, the whole time the Kermit impersonator keeps making comments like "If you would have learned where your mark is we wouldn't have this problem." And then they get into a fight. Not quite the best representation, but it was still pretty funny.
  7. Matteo

Matteo New Member

There is a reference of SS in the Simpsons ep. ___ (in italy names "Missionario impossibile"), where SS charachters Elmo, Oscar and Big Bird are chasing and trying to kill Homer. I think somebody could find this offensive, however look at this http://www.snpp.com/episodes/BABF11
    You can find here some references to SS.

Hope this helps....
  8. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Don't know if this was already posted, but in the PBS episode of the Simpsons, there's cameos by Big Bird, Elmo, and Oscar the Grouch. At one point when Homer's running away from the PBS people, he runs down an alley and Big Bird swoops down like an vulture or an eagle. Then when Homer goes into the church they throw a garbage can in an Oscar pops out and says "Give us the money!" and Elmo pops out and says "Elmo knows where you live!"

:p
  9. Drtooth

The Simpsons episodes (Fish Called Selma, Missionary Impossible, Trash of the Titans) were mentioned several times already...

However, there is one that was overlooked.

In "Grift of the Maji" a sales person said, "Don't you know how hard it is to come up with the next Furby or Tickle Me Elmo?"

ANd twice there have been "Tickle Me Krusty" dolls.
  10. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

OMG! On the Simpsons, Flanders came to the Simpson household and he was like "Hey neighbor! I've got a Fozzie of a bear of a problem!" LOL!
  11. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

On yesterday's new episode of "Ed,Edd n' Eddy" Eddy thinks up a new scam: he'll catch frogs, sell them to the kids and have them race for profit. Ed tries to attract frogs by dressing up like a female frog:all he wears flippers,his underwear,a blonde wig and a cardboard Kermit collar! :)
  12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

on the show Still Standing the mother *I'm not good with names* has worn seseme/muppet shirts quite often....it always makes me happy!
  13. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Ahaha! I love that one! It's sooo funny!!

And has anyone mentioned the Friends episode where Phoebe hates PBS? When asked why it was because she wrote to Sesame Street once and they never wrote back so Chandler says:

"You know, those Muppets don't really have thumbs"
  14. I'm not sure if anybody said this, but in Mark Hamill's new movie, "Comic Book: The Movie", Hamill mentions "Oh look, the Muppets have their own line now!".
  15. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Ahaha! I love Mark Hamill, I didn't realize that was out already!
  16. lili

lili New Member

there is a very amusing scene in Buffy where Cordelia tells someone to go "Spank your inner muppet".

funn-ee

hmm, i think i feel a signature coming on...
  17. lili

lili New Member

18. leliebel

leliebel New Member

Is anyone interrested in an alphabetical list of these. I was thinking I could put together a twe columns, one with tv shows and one with movies, and you could click a show and see the referrences we have gathered so far, that we're made on that particular show.

I'll start on it tonight, if it would be usefull.

Oh, probably posted already but I don't have time right now to read every page but. There we're several on "Bufyy the vampire slayer"

In Buffy vs. Dracula:
    Willow and Xander turn and see Dracula.

WILLOW: Hi.
    XANDER: Nice. Look who's got a bad case of dark prince envy. (Behind him we see Buffy holding her stake, looking concerned)
    DRACULA: I have no interest in you. Leave us.
    XANDER: No, we're not going to (in Dracula's accent) "leave you." And where'd you get that accent, Sesame Street? (As the Count on Sesame Street) Vun, two, three -- three victims. Mwa ha ha!

And in Get it done:

PRINCIPAL WOOD
    Mm, I don't know. It hasn't been opened since— (Buffy breaks off the lock with her bare hands) Well, since now.

XANDER
    (pulls out metal figures from the bag) Puppets. That's it! The First hates puppets! Now if we can just airlift Kermit, Fozzie the Bear, and Miss Piggy into town, the First'll be a-running.

WILLOW
    Those are Muppets.

And of course in the blues brothers, but that's pretty well known
  19. dmx10101

dmx10101 Member

This morning on the radio show I listen to- MJ Morning Show, MJ was singing it isn't easy being green and impersonating Kermits voice.
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

She's All That, a girl is tweasing Rachael Leigh Cook's eyebrows.

"Have you ever watched Sesame Street?"
    "Yeah."
    "Ever hear of Bert?"

:(