Muppet Film and TV References

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Wow, that last one was bad.

There was one from the 3rd series of "Digimon" with some people at a NASA-type organization watching the radar-

Person 1-It looks like a monster on the radar....
Person 2-Like those furry ones on public television? My kids love those guys. :big_grin:

(I can't remember how it went exactly, but I thought it was funny they included it in a dub.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's some

On an episode of Men in Black the Animated series, Agent K says to agent J that, "you're too green for feild work!" J protests and adds, "GREEN?!?! Kermit the Frog is Green!!!!"

On an episode of Eek the cat, aliens want to destroy earth, Eek, then tells him that he'll destroy great wonders. He lists some, and mentions The Muppets.

On the episode of the Simpsons in which Lisa Baby sits Bart, Flanders comes in and says, "Homer? I got a Fozzie of a Bear of a problem. Maudes Sisters (?) were in the holy land and they must've gone to the wrong temple and prayed to the wrong God, cause they've been taken hostage!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the episode of the Simpsons where Krusty fakes his death, David Crosby is at the funeral, and he's holding the Kermit the Frog Puppet.

This picture is also on the Simpson's cast poster!

This isn't techincally a TV refference, but in the first published The Tick comic, Ben Edlund kinda had Bunsen and Beaker (as humans, not Muppets) in it.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i just saw one on Even Stevens
this is the NON-muppet stuff that i found on TVTOME.com
Mrs. Stevens wants Ren to take an internship with a city councilman. Ren's schedule is already overloaded, but she says yes to please her mother. Louis finds clues that lead him to believe that Ren is up to something secret. When he finds out another girl got the internship that Ren told their mother she'd gotten, he begins spying on her. He follows her to Tokyo Rick's restaurant, where he's surprised to see Ren singing onstage under the name "Isis." Louis torments Ren by doing things like putting up posters all over school advertising her appearance at the restaurant. He also persuades his parents to go to Tokyo Rick's. Ren gets mad at him and calls him a "nothing boy." She apologizes and confesses that she's been singing to release some of the pressure from all her other duties. Louis now wants to stop his parents from going to the restaurant, but they've already left. He catches them there and tries to distract them, but they see Ren. After some explaining, the four of them end up on stage singing together.

here's the muppet reference:
Ren was wearing a yellow feather boa and Louis see's one feather on her. he get's suspicious and talks to Twitty, and Louis concludes that
"Big Bird was on the run from Japanese spies? When Ren found Big Bird in our closet!"

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
here's a DISGRACEFUL one:
it's from Kid's Say The Darnest Things.

GIRL: My little brother always wakes me up to watch Sesame Street!
BILL: What's wrong with that?
GIRL: I don't want to see some stupid Big Bird flyyying arroouund.

once kids became first or second graders, they have NO RESPECT for Sesame Street.

PLUS, Big Bird CAN'T fly!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by punkNpuppets

once kids became first or second graders, they have NO RESPECT for Sesame Street.
Siggh.. so true.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
On Conan O'Brien last night:

They are going through the new US stamp designs, and come upon the embarrassing Celebrity scandals set

They show one with Someone punching Nelson Mandella in the fact, the go to "Cookie Monster's crack bust". You see Cookie in handcuffs, and he's got with dust all over his face (like crack).

Jeremy

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one isn't really a reffenence per see. Remember the episode of Seinfeldf in which Jerry Cashed Checks from his grandma, and they bounced because she didn't have the account anymore. This guy with a high pitched girls voice keeps harassing Jerry, and Jerry hosts the PBS telethon? If you look clssely in the back ground at the studio, just outside the dressing room, you can see at least Two Big Bird posters, framed (plus a Mister Rodgers one!)

On the short live WB series Hype, they had a parody of Bear called Big Blue Bear in the House in which he sings a song about.....well...I can't tell you! I'll get booted off this board so fast. It was pretty offensive, but kinda funny at the time.

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
this was on Friends last night:

Ross and Rachel have hired an oversenstive male nanny. Ross decides to fire him. Rachel walks away and says, "Oh I can't watch. It's like firing Elmo."