Muppet Film and TV References

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Re: Re: Yoda and The Muppet Show references

Originally posted by punkNpuppets
I saw that episode. i only saw it around the end and i didn't see the muppets. but when i'll tell ya, just the thought of a baby coming out of a man's c--k-hole is enough to make you hurl out your liver!!! and about the adultery thing, i wont commit adultery when i get married, but if someone is comitting adultery, i wouldn't care. he'll just go straight to ****!!!!!!!!
Ummm...that's the OTHER nightmare episode...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: i hate crank yankers!

Originally posted by crazy ernie
crank yankers has put big bird on the side of a kfc bucket, and protray him as a smoker.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
come on!!!!!!!!!!!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
jeff - what's the episode called? i want to see if it caused any controversey!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Couple more

On Histeria! (a cool education show no longer on the WB, replced locally by crummy saved by the bell ripoffs) there were two I know of:

One episode Toast was interviewing LBJ and the censor brought up that he founded PBS, Toast replies.. "Whoooa!! Yo created those boring British dudes and those Tickle me Spazz out Puppets?!?!?"

On another a character called Froggo was reffered to by Julius Caesar as "Kermit."

On the 1995 version of the Casper cartoons, Stretch tells the viewers theat he promises to give them the greatest knowledge ever known, and says something like, Does Sesame Street promise this?

On the long forgotten Mother Goose and Grimm cartoon, Grimmy builds a big bird trap (a BIG BIRD trap) and whispers to Attilla the cat, Attilla answers back, "No! I do not know how to get to sesame Street!"

Even though I hate Full House (except Joey!) I'll mention these:

On one episode, one of them told Michell that 2 and a half hours is "One Mr. Rogers and two Sesame Streets"

ANother, Joey did an impersonation of Kermit (for those who don't know Joey, aka Dave Coulier did the voices of Animal, Bunsen Honeydew, Statler and Waldorf on Muppet Babies)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Fraggle refferences? All I know is on one episode of Family Guy, Peter is trying to sell a house as a historic landmark, and states..."This is where the Pilgrims landed on Fraggle Rock!"

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I was watching the a DVD of the old HBO series Mr. Show (which is genius, I urge everyone to see it), and they made a Fraggle Rock reference!!!!

"Man, HBO spent more on Fraggle Rock then they did on this show!"
This was posted on page three!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock references? Yes sir!

I'm sorry if someone already posted these on page 3, or 5... or 72, but I just don't have time to check out every page! So here's hoping I'm being somewhat original here! (And I wanna see that Family Guy episode where they say that!)

In a Friends episode (can't remember which one) I think... Joey (??? Maybe it was Chandler... I so don't remember this episode) has a girlfriend, and she has a really odd name so one of the 'friends' says "Is she from Fraggle Rock?"

And then a few years ago there was a reference on SNL. It was during that Hard Ball or Hard Talk or Hard Something or other, with Matt... something (I have a great memory, don't I? XP). I dunno, it was like a parody of all those hardcore political talk programs, and Chris Kattan was acting like an idiot so the head guy, Matt Something said "This debate is for adults! Go back to Fraggle Rock!"

^_^ Debo

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
this is not from a tv show OR a movie, it's from a song. Dead Kennedy's "MTV Get Off The Air" ----

See the latest rejects from the Muppet Show
Wag their t**s and their d**ks
As they lip-synch on screen
There's something I don't like
About a band who always smiles
Another tax write-off
For some schmuck who doesn't care
MTV GET OFF THE AIR

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cosby

Anyone ever see Cosby (not the Cosby show, the 1990's CBS sitcom)? I can think of some there

On one episode, Hilton (Cosby) and Griffin (Doug E. Doug) are coaching a boys basketball team. One kid starts harassing another, and calls him a girl for playing with dolls. The other kid assures him that they're action figures. The first kid says, "Since when is Tickle Me Elmo an action figure?"

Another one, Griffin is watching a kid, and he says, "Yah like Elmo? Barney's a punk! Elmo rules" or something to that extent.

Some things of interrest:

Elmo himself made an appearance in Cosby (in an episode where Griffin dreams of being rich and famous).

Likewise, Doug E. Doug (who plays Griffin) appeared on Sesame last year as Baby Bear's barber.

Sesame Street and Cosby are both taped at the same studio.

Cosby featured the last performances by Madaline Kahn, who was on the Muppet Show, the Muppet Movie (as Telly Savalas's Girlfiend) and on Sesame Street.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
ARGH!

Man, Dr. Tooth - you took ALL my family guy quotes I was going to use! What a great show. I especially like the one about "Is the Count a Vampire?" that's classic.

Jeremy