1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Film and TV References

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmiley, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Took all the Family Guy quotes, eh...

Here's another.

Stewie was playing with a talking Sesame Street Phone and calling up bomb threats. He regisisters a complaint on it, and makes a nasty quote about Linda, "As for sending Death threats to a deaf woman..."

On this one espisode of Pinky and the Brain (where Brain becomes a Sumo wrestler), Pinky is playing with a Tickle me Bimbo (?) doll. Brain shows him a giant Sumo suit, to which Pinky replies, "You got the Tickle me Dom Deluise! He's the rarest one of them all!
    WembleyWimp16 likes this.
  2. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

Yes, that last stewie quote goes something like this

Sitaution: We see stewie playing with a sesame street phone (you push a button and Bert says something, then push another button and oscar says something - you know what I'm talking about"

Ernie: Hello! I like talking to you!

Stewie: Now don't toy with me ernie, I've got 6 armed men stationed outside Mr. Hooper's, and as for Linda? well, it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach.

I KNOW something goes between the hooper's line and the linda line, but for the life of me I can't think of it. I can hear him say it, but I can't make out what he's saying in my mind.

AUGHH!
    Jeremy
  3. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

the other line is:

ERNIE:Can you count to 3?

STEWIE:Well let's see.
    (while shooting phone)
    STEWIE:1-2-3. Can I count to 3. Honestly I'm shooting at a fifth grade level.
  4. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

That's not what I was thinking. I just downloaded the clip. The exact wording is:

Stewie: Put me through to the pentagon!
    Ernie: Do you know what sound a cow makes?
    Stewie: don't toy with me, Ernie! I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper, I've got 6 armed men stationed outside Big Bird's Nest, and as for Linda? Well it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach!

Jeremy
  5. Drtooth

Here's one from King of the Hill

It's Halloween, and Hank is at megalomart with Bobby and Peggy. Bobby picks out his coustume, one of the 101 Dalmations. Hank is clearly disgusted, and goes on a tangent about what happened to Vampires and Goasts.

Hank: Look at this stuff. Elmo, Aladdin, Jenny McCarthy... I don't even know what these things are!
  6. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

where'd you download it???
  7. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

Any file sharing program will have it.

Jeremy
  8. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

I think that on The Wayans Brothers, Shawn & Marlon might have called Pops "Kermit" (NOT Pops The Doorman, this is a different Pops). anyways, they might have a called him Kermit once because they always joke about how he looks like a frog
  9. Drtooth

On Hollywood Squares (an episode without any muppet in it), Ellen DeGeneris (sp?) got the question: In a recent Poll, which Sesame Street Character do kids most want to Hang out with.
    Ellen: Hang out? Is that like Hooking up? Id' like to hook up with Elmo.

Needless to say, the Answer WAS Elmo, and X got the square for agreeing!
  10. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

Okay, this came from Conan O'Brien, and it is kind of adult themed - but since it aired on Network TV I'm going to post it anyways.

If you're easily offended don't look.

From one of their "In the Year 2000" bits:

"Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will break up. Kermit becomes a devout jew, and can no longer eat pork."

Jeremy
  11. LadyHyde

LadyHyde New Member

Wow, that last one was bad.

There was one from the 3rd series of "Digimon" with some people at a NASA-type organization watching the radar-

Person 1-It looks like a monster on the radar....
    Person 2-Like those furry ones on public television? My kids love those guys. :D

(I can't remember how it went exactly, but I thought it was funny they included it in a dub.)
  12. Drtooth

Here's some

On an episode of Men in Black the Animated series, Agent K says to agent J that, "you're too green for feild work!" J protests and adds, "GREEN?!?! Kermit the Frog is Green!!!!"

On an episode of Eek the cat, aliens want to destroy earth, Eek, then tells him that he'll destroy great wonders. He lists some, and mentions The Muppets.

On the episode of the Simpsons in which Lisa Baby sits Bart, Flanders comes in and says, "Homer? I got a Fozzie of a Bear of a problem. Maudes Sisters (?) were in the holy land and they must've gone to the wrong temple and prayed to the wrong God, cause they've been taken hostage!"
  13. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

haha, fozzie of a bear!

i saw that episode.
  14. Drtooth

In the episode of the Simpsons where Krusty fakes his death, David Crosby is at the funeral, and he's holding the Kermit the Frog Puppet.

This picture is also on the Simpson's cast poster!

This isn't techincally a TV refference, but in the first published The Tick comic, Ben Edlund kinda had Bunsen and Beaker (as humans, not Muppets) in it.
  15. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

i just saw one on Even Stevens
    this is the NON-muppet stuff that i found on TVTOME.com
    Mrs. Stevens wants Ren to take an internship with a city councilman. Ren's schedule is already overloaded, but she says yes to please her mother. Louis finds clues that lead him to believe that Ren is up to something secret. When he finds out another girl got the internship that Ren told their mother she'd gotten, he begins spying on her. He follows her to Tokyo Rick's restaurant, where he's surprised to see Ren singing onstage under the name "Isis." Louis torments Ren by doing things like putting up posters all over school advertising her appearance at the restaurant. He also persuades his parents to go to Tokyo Rick's. Ren gets mad at him and calls him a "nothing boy." She apologizes and confesses that she's been singing to release some of the pressure from all her other duties. Louis now wants to stop his parents from going to the restaurant, but they've already left. He catches them there and tries to distract them, but they see Ren. After some explaining, the four of them end up on stage singing together.

here's the muppet reference:
    Ren was wearing a yellow feather boa and Louis see's one feather on her. he get's suspicious and talks to Twitty, and Louis concludes that
    "Big Bird was on the run from Japanese spies? When Ren found Big Bird in our closet!"
  16. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

here's a DISGRACEFUL one:
    it's from Kid's Say The Darnest Things.

GIRL: My little brother always wakes me up to watch Sesame Street!
    BILL: What's wrong with that?
    GIRL: I don't want to see some stupid Big Bird flyyying arroouund.

once kids became first or second graders, they have NO RESPECT for Sesame Street.

PLUS, Big Bird CAN'T fly!
  17. Drtooth

Siggh.. so true.
  18. jeremyactor

jeremyactor New Member

On Conan O'Brien last night:

They are going through the new US stamp designs, and come upon the embarrassing Celebrity scandals set

They show one with Someone punching Nelson Mandella in the fact, the go to "Cookie Monster's crack bust". You see Cookie in handcuffs, and he's got with dust all over his face (like crack).

Jeremy
  19. Drtooth

This one isn't really a reffenence per see. Remember the episode of Seinfeldf in which Jerry Cashed Checks from his grandma, and they bounced because she didn't have the account anymore. This guy with a high pitched girls voice keeps harassing Jerry, and Jerry hosts the PBS telethon? If you look clssely in the back ground at the studio, just outside the dressing room, you can see at least Two Big Bird posters, framed (plus a Mister Rodgers one!)

On the short live WB series Hype, they had a parody of Bear called Big Blue Bear in the House in which he sings a song about.....well...I can't tell you! I'll get booted off this board so fast. It was pretty offensive, but kinda funny at the time.
  20. the_great_gonzo

the_great_gonzo New Member

this was on Friends last night:

Ross and Rachel have hired an oversenstive male nanny. Ross decides to fire him. Rachel walks away and says, "Oh I can't watch. It's like firing Elmo."