Muppet Film and TV References

kansasteen14

Reaction score
also in the simpsons episode with Oscar,and Elmo and Zoe,it also has Big Bird attack Homer. they have also had an episode where they go to Brazil and have brazillian seaseme street.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
this isn't exactly a tv OR movie reference, but on the back of Green Day's Dookie album has a picture of a mosh pit with Ernie in it. i also heard that Ernie was talking about a "Green Day" on ss (NOT the band, probably a day when you wear green) and he gave the not-formed band an idea for their name!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
They have also had an episode where they go to Brazil and have brazillian seaseme street.
Well, not exactly, but I remember Marges..heh..suggestive quote

"Ernie and Bert left it to your imagination!

radionate

Reaction score
I was watching the a DVD of the old HBO series Mr. Show (which is genius, I urge everyone to see it), and they made a Fraggle Rock reference!!!!

"Man, HBO spent more on Fraggle Rock then they did on this show!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yoda and The Muppet Show references

The only reference to Yoda I can think of is in the movie E.T. The Extra-terrestrial, when the kids take E.T. out trick-or-treating and a kid dressed up in a Yoda costume walks by. And of course, when Elliot makes his brother "give him the power" (i believe that's a Dungeon & Dragons reference, which was huge in 1982, but I don't get into it) and his brother says "Yes, hmm, you have absolute power" in a perfect Yoda imitation.

Also, a gigantic Muppets reference was made on The Cosby Show, in 1990, as a tribute to Jim Henson, when on the episode "Cliff's Nightmare", Cliff has a wild dream where he meets Muppets like Sweetums, Digit, and even Gonzo! They want him to do deliver babies at the hospital and lots of familiar Muppets pop up. Look for the episode on WGN or Nick at Nite. It's very funny.

By the way, in reference to whoever posted about Growing Pains, the show ROCKS! and I care when someone kisses a woman who's not his wife! Looking at another woman with lust in your heart is a sin.
It's called adultery.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: Yoda and The Muppet Show references

Originally posted by GonzoLeaper
The only reference to Yoda I can think of is in the movie E.T. The Extra-terrestrial, when the kids take E.T. out trick-or-treating and a kid dressed up in a Yoda costume walks by. And of course, when Elliot makes his brother "give him the power" (i believe that's a Dungeon & Dragons reference, which was huge in 1982, but I don't get into it) and his brother says "Yes, hmm, you have absolute power" in a perfect Yoda imitation.

Also, a gigantic Muppets reference was made on The Cosby Show, in 1990, as a tribute to Jim Henson, when on the episode "Cliff's Nightmare", Cliff has a wild dream where he meets Muppets like Sweetums, Digit, and even Gonzo! They want him to do deliver babies at the hospital and lots of familiar Muppets pop up. Look for the episode on WGN or Nick at Nite. It's very funny.

By the way, in reference to whoever posted about Growing Pains, the show ROCKS! and I care when someone kisses a woman who's not his wife! Looking at another woman with lust in your heart is a sin.
It's called adultery.
Just a few lil things:

First off is more of a question. Is Yoda actually considered a Muppet? I didn't think so...the Creature Shop didn't work on him did they? God, I'm an SW nerd and I don't know these basic facts. Boooooo :frown: (hehe)

Secondly, technically if the characters are in the production it isnt a referance. No worries though, its an awesome episode nonetheless. :smile:

Lastly, I'm not critisizing religion, I just reccomend you don't preach it on the board. We have many different nationalities, sexual orientations, races and creeds here, and people might get offended. Not saying you should hide your beliefs in a box or anything, just don't make a habit of imposing it on others. :smile:

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yoda...you want Yoda.. why didn't you said so?

Ahem! He recurred a bunch of times on The Simpsons

I Married Marge: Homer Refers to Marge as "beautiful as Leia" and "wise as Yoda"

Treehouse of Horrors XII, Curse of the Dummy: Yoda is seen as a minister or Justice of the Peace, when the Leprechaun and the Gypsy Marry.
There are others, I think.

But on an episode of Taxi, Reverend Jim (Christopher Lloyd), has a date with Marilu Henner's character (I haven't seen it in a while, I forgot her name) and gives her all these presents

"Flowers for m'lady! Candy for M'lady! A Yoda doll for m'lady!" She tells him that the dates tomorrow.
"I'll take this stuff back! Don't wanna come empty handed!"

In an episode of Arthur, Arthur is in a marble shooting competition and his grandmother is teaching him tricks. In a fantasy segment, the grandmother appears Yoda like, and talks backwards.

Also, look at Star wars parodies!

Animaniacs,
Walter Melon
Thuimb Wars, to name a few, all have Yoda parodies!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Yoda and The Muppet Show references

Originally posted by GonzoLeaper
I saw that episode. i only saw it around the end and i didn't see the muppets. but when i'll tell ya, just the thought of a baby coming out of a man's c--k-hole is enough to make you hurl out your liver!!! and about the adultery thing, i wont commit adultery when i get married, but if someone is comitting adultery, i wouldn't care. he'll just go straight to ****!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forgot the most obvious Yoda refference. SPACE BALLS!!! In it, Mel Brooks plays a rumpled up old Jewish wiseman named Yogurt! Yogurt the wise! Yogurt the Powerfull. "Please! I'm just plain Yogurt!"

I hate Yogurt! Even with Strawberries!!!

Man! I love that movie!