Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I wonder if Jerry would be doing Statler if S & W are on?
I'm watching it on tape just now. It was definately Steve performing Statler. To be honest, I was a little surprised to see them. I thought it would just be Kermit. Also, he mentioned that Animal would probably be on the show Wednesday. I hope it's Eric Jacobson performing him there. John Kennedy's Animal, just didn't sound right. There's also this good quote, I liked. I'll change my signature quote so you'll all see it there.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
NikZane said:
I was worried at first, worried that seeing behind the scenes of a muppet would destroy the magic but thankfully, it didn't. :smile:
That's a great report! Thanks for sharing!

Actually, at MuppetFest where the performers were sitting on the stage with their Muppets at hand (get it??), and either the performer or puppet was talking, you'd have thought that in a case like that all the magic would have been gone, but the illusion of puppetry (when done right) can remain even with the performer in plain view.

I'm always surprised at how often I'm visible to the folks at the Ronald mcDonald House events, but they pay attention to Muley and forget I exist. Even more amazingly, people refer to him like a living, breathing person because when you have a puppet that isn't a part of a conversation suddenly and they just sit there on your arm, who cares--but, if they get bored, take on 'sighing' motions, begin looking around, tapping you on the shoulder for attention, they come alive.

Thank goodness Steve is such a great performer, because other folks (other than Muppeteers) might set their puppet down instead to rest their arm, and puppeteering is a heckuva tough job.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Does anybody know what happened after the roller blading segment? My tape ran out and I was asleep! Any other Muppet stuff, like :sleep::boo: or more :smile:?

Convincing John

jediX

Reaction score
Shows how awake I was, I don't even remember a rollerblading segment :sleep:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, Nik! How exciting!

I'm in the L.A. area too, but I don't get back from work till at least 5:30. What times are the tapings?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yeah that was Steve doing Statler as those clips seemed to have been prerecorded. It's likey will see other characters performed by Steve and Jerry and if Eric is performing Animal we might see Piggy, but Kermit said fozzie was hibornating and Eric performs fozzie as well so maybe it will be John or someone performing Animal. Animal doesn't talk much anyways so it might be a clue there that we won't see Piggy or Fozzie. Gonzo is very likey to show up and i hope Pepe too if Bill is there or even Rowlf!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know Pepe is Bill's character; but, I'd prefer Rowlf. Just because he deserves more TV time.

SuprGro78

Reaction score
I checked my sources on this and found out that all that Stadler and Waldorf stuff was taped Friday and the performers were Dave Goelz and Bill Baretta.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Bill performing Statler?!

Seeing as he does a good Rowlf, i would have though he vocal range was more on cue with Waldorf !

WEIRD!

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Warrick said:
Bill performing Statler?!

Seeing as he does a good Rowlf, i would have though he vocal range was more on cue with Waldorf !

WEIRD!
Bill can do many voices, he's so good.
BTW Jimmy Kimmel is a live show for the east coast they go live three hours before it airs west coast.