Your Thoughts: Kermit and the Muppets on Jimmy Kimmel Live

NikZane

Reaction score
Jimmy Kimmel "Live" Taping Time

Chilly Down said:
Thanks for the update, Nik! How exciting!

I'm in the L.A. area too, but I don't get back from work till at least 5:30. What times are the tapings?
The Kimmel show airs live (the first talkshow to do so in 40+ years), to the East Coast. This means taping begins at 9:06pm sharp. Calling time is around 6:45pm and they start ushering people in around 7:00pm - 7:15pm. I've turned up at 8:00pm before and have gotten in with decent seats, (but have also missed out turning up at that time also).

You are given seating allocation tickets as they usher you in, so obviously the earlier you arrive, the earlier you get into the studio. Depending on how far from Hollywood you are, I'm guessing you'd have ample time to get to the El Capitan for the taping.

Hope this helps :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Convincing John said:
Does anybody know what happened after the roller blading segment? My tape ran out and I was asleep! Any other Muppet stuff, like :sleep::boo: or more :smile:?

Convincing John
Lol. I was worried I was the only one. Yeah, my tape only got about a half hour of the show on, so I missed a lot of it. I didn't see the roller blading. What else did I miss?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
:O I must go see if my tape recorded, be back in an hour!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I found out I'm not the biggest Jimmy Kimmel fan, but I LOVED it!

Bill, eh? that makes sense, something seemed a tad different about the voice (not in a bad way, just different)

there was a joke that was not rated G at the beginning, and I really didn't think it was funny (not like that one hollywood squares did last year with piggy,THAT was funny, this was crude)

so I sat through 2 bad guests for Kermit, that's ok...who's up tonight?

Hurt Bert...hehe.....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
:O I must go see if my tape recorded, be back in an hour!
check that out, and hour exactly! anyway, I had another point! that was a lot of plugging for the special, which I find to be a good thing!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. I to had to set through some guest I didn't like but it was fun. I can't wait to see :halo: on wednesday. I hope :sympathy:, :embarrassed: or :mad: r on there. Well can't wait to see what happens tonight but most of all KERMIT IS ON THERE ALL THE TIME!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!

NikZane

Reaction score
Post Rollerbading Segment

There wasn't much that happened after the Rollerblading segment. Comic Todd Glass came out to do some stand up (he was pretty awful, actually), then a cut to break (during which Darryl Hannah dashed back the Grauman's Theatre for the Kill Bill premier), then we return to Jimmy wrapping up and thanking his guests.

Kermit did finish off with a great line however, in reference to Kill Bill:

As Jimmy wraps up, Kermit politey interjects... "Hey Jimmy, Jimmy... did you know we're getting Darryl for the Sesame Street sequel to Kill Bill? It's called Hurt Bert."

Much laughter ensued.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
SuprGro78 said:
I checked my sources on this and found out that all that Stadler and Waldorf stuff was taped Friday and the performers were Dave Goelz and Bill Baretta.
You're kidding! That's Statler's third performer since Richard died. He really seemed to do a good Statler. I wonder why they didn't use Jerry or Steve though. I don't know about Jerry, but I guess Steve was too busy performing Kermit to perform Statler.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
NikZane said:
As Jimmy wraps up, Kermit politey interjects... "Hey Jimmy, Jimmy... did you know we're getting Darryl for the Sesame Street sequel to Kill Bill? It's called Hurt Burt."
Lol. That's a good one. Too bad I missed it.

1. Cry about missing the playoff games because you have to work.
2. Make some popcorn for when you can watch them
3. Whine that the Phillies didn't make it this year
4. Hope the cable doesn't go out again like it did this morning.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for filling all of us in on Kimmel's show last night (it was after midnight here). I only watched the first 20 minutes before falling asleep. I would've taped it if the Donald O'Connor biography hadn't aired on A&E. I'll be taping the show the rest of the week though. It was cool to see Kermit and the plugs for the new Christmas DVD. I saw it last year uncut on a channel from Barrie (The New VR), and can't wait to get the disc! It was the best Muppet Christmas film or special since "Carol"!

Speaking of Kermit dolls, I used to have these cute Kermit and Fozzie hand puppets, but I unfortunately had to sell them. Let's just say that the Kermit that appeared last night looked healthier than my puppet. I had these puppets when I met Terry Angus 20 years ago.

Thanks again for the details. Sounds like you and your girlfriend had lots of fun.