Muppet Show DVD's on clearance until June 30

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got some news from Time-Life. As has been rumored, they are trying to clear all their Muppet stock in the next few weeks and are offering the following amazing deals.

(1) 15 Volume DVD or VHS Set for $59.99
(2) 10 Volume DVD or VHS Set for $34.99
(3) 5 Volume DVD or VHS Set for $29.99
(4) Individual DVD or VHS are $3.99 with code "399MUPPET"

Click here to order any of the above discounted titles. If your total is $50 or more enter code "JJBV3C" and get an additional 15% off at checkout.

If you purchased the first 10 discs on DVD in the past, get volumes 11-15 for just $29 by ordering the new 5 disc set.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
As good of news this is for anxious purchasers, it seems to imply that the Muppet Show DVDs were not a successful product, which kills me. I was thrilled that they were releasing these DVD's, and I cannot see why more people wouldn't have gone crazy for them. If I can find the money, I'll gladly go for the full collection. But it seems like darker days than ever for the Muppets when their products aren't selling. For Godssake, Muppet action figures were on sale for dirt cheap prices at Suncoast near where I live. They, like so many Muppet products, deserve a better fate than to be resigned to a clearance shelf. I'm at a loss. Why can't the Muppets make a successful comeback? Is this truly the beginning of the end?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Of course, after I spent $125.00 for all 15 DVD's. My life stinks. :grouchy:

Filo

Reaction score
Same here Fozzie....Although I take solice in the fact that I spent money to show that there really is an interest even if it is a niche market.

Jrobert

Reaction score
Thanks for the note Phil! Even though most of us probably already have them. :smile: Question though, do we have any insight if Columbia TriStar is still planning on releasing an additional five volumes? And if so, when?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Columbia's deal runs out later this year, so there will be no more Muppet Show DVD's from them. Whether or not Disney releases uncut TMS episodes remains to be seen. Disney may just put the show back on TV and not release any episodes on DVD.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Filo said:
Same here Fozzie....Although I take solice in the fact that I spent money to show that there really is an interest even if it is a niche market.
Oh, yeah.

Everybody: So THERE! :stick_out_tongue: *spbt!*

Boober

Reaction score
Does anyone else hope that this may be the first step in getting the "complete seasons" on dvd. I never understood why they ever did the "best of" dvds when it seems like every other lesser show ever made is being release as "complete seasons".

Ed man

Reaction score
:smile: I was so happy to see the dvds on sale!

However, I already bought vol. 1-10 (before they extended the dvd collection to 15 volumes) So I decided to purchase the remaining five. However, there is no bundle special with volumes 11-15! I would have to buy the five dvds seperatly. However, when I clicked on them to purchase them, the volume with Liza Minelli, Madalene Knaan, and Mofndnfasbaisbf (spelling! Of course) is not available for sale outside of the 15 disc set.

I e-mailed Time-Life and got an e-mail response saying that the particular volume was not for sale by itself. What gives! That's the one volume I wanted for sure. I'm thinking about e-mailing Time-Life again. I mean, who here purchased the first 10 volumes and then TimeLife issued out five more. What are we supposed to do?!

-Ed man

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if worse came to worse you could maybe buy the 15 disc set for $51 (with the 15% discount). They'd be just a little more than if you bought the 5 discs seperately for $10 each. You could then put the 10 disc set up on eBay or offer it in trade to another forum member.