1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Show DVD's on clearance until June 30

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 14, 2004.

1. Stoddam

Stoddam New Member

Did anyone recieve a call from Time-Life today about a set of 5 more DVD's being released? The cost was 38.99. I sort of felt like it was a shady phone call but said to go ahead and send it anyway. I figure if its no good, I'll send it back. Let me know if anyone has heard anything about this.

Thanks
  2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Sounds kind of shady to me. Unless of course you ordered a 10 disc set and they offered you 5 more discs so that you could have the whole set of 15. Either way, let us know what they ended up sending.
  3. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

I called yesterday (6/15) and asked them if the 15 I was ording was all they had. They sead they were getting rid of them because of fee's they would have to pay DISNEY and no more would be made by them or sold so the call sounds shady indeed. :sympathy: :boo: :p
  4. Emerald

Emerald New Member

Reply: To buy or not to buy

As a former poor college student (now a poor college graduate), I would highly recommend buying these, especially if you are a big Muppet fan. I spent a month's paycheck on them a couple years ago and never regretted it! The quality is great and each disk has a few extra features (like the UK segments), so I would say go for it. You could wait for "full season" sets, but who knows how long that will be. You would think The Muppet Show series sets would beat something like Mutant X to box sets! Come on, people! What is up with that? Oh well, with Jem and Punky Brewster released now, it should happen eventually. The individual DVD's will still be great to have for the sake of taking them to parties or lending them to friends.
  5. solo409

solo409 New Member

Ok, I'm convinced. I ordered mine yesterday. Thanks, everyone!
    I hope they won't take too long to get here. I looked on ebay, and the same sets are going for $130. What a good racket! ;)
  6. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

Thats why i ordered 20 to sell on E*Bay :D
  7. bort

bort New Member

hey all, long time fan, first time poster. on the site i do not see the 15-dvd set listed. not for regular sale, not on back order, nothing. anyone know what's up with that? do you think they are completely out of stock?

bort
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Just got a note from Time-Life that they "will no longer sell Muppets DVD/VHS on the site after 6/30/04". So if you have been waiting for a chance to get them, now is the time. Who knows when Muppet Show DVD's will be available again.

Click here to order any of the discounted Muppet Show titles.

Here is a code to get 15% off orders $50 or more: JJBV3C.

Apparently, they had to pay extra royalties per sale to Disney after July 1 so they decided just to sell all of their remaining stock.
  9. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

Well i just found out that my 20 DVD sets can't be fufilled. They have canceled all back orders on DVD.
  10. solo409

solo409 New Member

Oh no! I hope this doesnt mean they've canceled my order that I placed on Monday...
  11. bort

bort New Member

So the 15 dvd set is gone then? How about the 5 dvd set? I suppose i should write or call before placing any order then huh?

bort
  12. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

Well they will only let me get 1 set of 15 dvd's i guess it is better then nothing
  13. solo409

solo409 New Member

NOOOO!
    I just emailed them and they told me that they 'were permanently out of stock' But I ordered this on monday! Crypts, when did you order yours, and are you sure you are going to get it? :boo:
  14. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

That is HORRIBLE! I can't believe they did that. :(

I think I'll treasure mine even more now. I've got them still in the box, I was going to have a Muppet Marathon, but right now my kids are gone for the summer. I'll just wait until they get back to watch them with them. It will make watching each episode more special now, knowing that they are going to be harder to get.

I'm really sorry you didn't get your sets. Maybe with luck.. and hope.. and more luck.. they can be released as box sets by Disney in the future.

~Beth C

OH and you know what is really ANNOYING.. they are still selling the DVD's INDIVIDUALLY but not as the set. Why can't they make sets from all those INDIVIDUAL ones they still got up on that page??????? How hard is THAT???
  15. solo409

solo409 New Member

This is infuriating! :mad:
    Does any one have an extra set that they would sell to a stranded fellow Muppet fan at a non-gouging prince? The ebay thing is a little steep... :confused:
  16. mountdew

mountdew New Member

Just checked their site, and they no longer even have the sets of DVD's as an option. You can still get 11-15, or singles, but no more 1-10 or 1-15 sets. Thankfully, my backorder hasn't been canceled yet. *crosses his fingers*
  17. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

Disney will most likly release these again in some form. Time Life stated that the fee as of July 1st,2004 would be "absorently high" from disney so they have decided to end their partnership. look for muppet stuff to invaid the Disney store this fall i have been told...... ;)
  18. silentdante

silentdante New Member

Shipping Problems?

I received a notice that my 15-DVD set had shipped on June 4th and I still have not receeived them. Has anyone else had problems with slow shipping? I'm starting to worry.

Eli

p.s.- I'm located in GA if that makes any difference
  19. sweethamuhamu

sweethamuhamu New Member

DVDs?

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I chanced upon the posting about the great deals being offered by Time Line. I'd *love* to get the 15 DVD set, but when I went to view the page, the 15 volume set seems to be available in only VHS?! Has the DVD set already been sold out? and if it has, can anyone direct me to a place where I can get the DVDs?

also, is there a DVD release of Muppets Tonight?
  20. Muppet Crypts

Muppet Crypts New Member

also, is there a DVD release of Muppets Tonight

you can only get it on E*bay or a privite dealer sorry!!!!

i ordered 20 but they limited my order to only one the next day :sympathy: