Muppet Show DVD's on clearance until June 30

Stoddam

Reaction score
Did anyone recieve a call from Time-Life today about a set of 5 more DVD's being released? The cost was 38.99. I sort of felt like it was a shady phone call but said to go ahead and send it anyway. I figure if its no good, I'll send it back. Let me know if anyone has heard anything about this.

Thanks

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds kind of shady to me. Unless of course you ordered a 10 disc set and they offered you 5 more discs so that you could have the whole set of 15. Either way, let us know what they ended up sending.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
I called yesterday (6/15) and asked them if the 15 I was ording was all they had. They sead they were getting rid of them because of fee's they would have to pay DISNEY and no more would be made by them or sold so the call sounds shady indeed. :sympathy: :boo: :stick_out_tongue:

Emerald

Reaction score
Reply: To buy or not to buy

solo409 said:
So for those of you who DO own this series...
Keeping in mind that I am a poor college student, would you recommend buying these? Are these videos just tons of random clips, or are they more comprehensive, full episodes? I have a vision of these Time-Life series being really cheap with no extra features or decent screen quality. But 15 DVD's for $60??? So tempting....... Should I just wait for the 'full' episode DVD's?
Thanks,
---Nate :big_grin:
As a former poor college student (now a poor college graduate), I would highly recommend buying these, especially if you are a big Muppet fan. I spent a month's paycheck on them a couple years ago and never regretted it! The quality is great and each disk has a few extra features (like the UK segments), so I would say go for it. You could wait for "full season" sets, but who knows how long that will be. You would think The Muppet Show series sets would beat something like Mutant X to box sets! Come on, people! What is up with that? Oh well, with Jem and Punky Brewster released now, it should happen eventually. The individual DVD's will still be great to have for the sake of taking them to parties or lending them to friends.

solo409

Reaction score
Ok, I'm convinced. I ordered mine yesterday. Thanks, everyone!
I hope they won't take too long to get here. I looked on ebay, and the same sets are going for $130. What a good racket! :wink:

bort

Reaction score
hey all, long time fan, first time poster. on the site i do not see the 15-dvd set listed. not for regular sale, not on back order, nothing. anyone know what's up with that? do you think they are completely out of stock?

bort

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got a note from Time-Life that they "will no longer sell Muppets DVD/VHS on the site after 6/30/04". So if you have been waiting for a chance to get them, now is the time. Who knows when Muppet Show DVD's will be available again.

Click here to order any of the discounted Muppet Show titles.

Here is a code to get 15% off orders $50 or more: JJBV3C.

Apparently, they had to pay extra royalties per sale to Disney after July 1 so they decided just to sell all of their remaining stock.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
Well i just found out that my 20 DVD sets can't be fufilled. They have canceled all back orders on DVD.

solo409

Reaction score
Oh no! I hope this doesnt mean they've canceled my order that I placed on Monday...