Sesame Workshop to develop new channel with Comcast, HIT

furryfella

Reaction score
Mark The Shark said:
I have to say thanks again to Noggin and SW for making these shows available.
Thats true Mark But as you see they didn't show alot of the 75-76 season only two shows!! Sure they did alot of shows &thats great. But what I was saying was Maybe Comcast will DO MORE Classic SS shows Then Noggin! They will show More stuff Then noggin. some skits were shown while some weren't. So Thats what I'm getting at they did show alot MORE of the 80's stuff then they did the 70's.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
i Just hope the New Disney Family Channel shows the Old Muppet Show

Comcast is planning the Fraggles right now i have a buddy in Comcast in Philly. and he sead its may be later because there really is not as big a demand for them.

Maybe the new DVD's will help but petion comcast may also i should be available next spring Comcast Channel that is

ssetta

Reaction score
When I spoke with someone in the Sales department at Comcast, I think he said that all of the programming will be coming to On Demand. Though it may be possible that it will only be available On Demand, but who knows...

He also told me that he just found out about it today, and that more information will be available as time goes on.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Mark The Shark said:
these can be made available and leased to any cable network, not just Noggin.
Somehow I doubt that ... what with the "Noggin Presents" sign during the opening theme of "Unpaved." You think they'd ignore that?

ssetta

Reaction score
They could always edit out that part and tack on something else.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Somehow I doubt that ... what with the "Noggin Presents" sign during the opening theme of "Unpaved." You think they'd ignore that?
I don't see why this would be problematic. They would just edit that part out, and replace it with a new intro of their own. Even if they were just the same 67 eps, they would have to be called something other than Sesame Street Unpaved because that was what Noggin called them. Or they could just have no intro altogether. Either way, it's hardly an insurmountable problem.

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
furryfella said:
Thats true Mark But as you see they didn't show alot of the 75-76 season only two shows!! Sure they did alot of shows &thats great. But what I was saying was Maybe Comcast will DO MORE Classic SS shows Then Noggin! They will show More stuff Then noggin. some skits were shown while some weren't. So Thats what I'm getting at they did show alot MORE of the 80's stuff then they did the 70's.
Yeah, I felt there was too much 80s material and not enough of the early stuff.

But I'm glad to have *any* of it. A lot of shows I enjoyed in my youth will never be shown again anywhere, like local Chicago shows such as "Bozo" and "Garfield Goose," because 99% of the tapes were *erased years ago.* So we're very lucky that the shows even exist in the first place.

My only suggestion would be for anyone who might know some of the people involved in this (even though nothing is definite yet). Let them know there is a demand for the stuff. I mean someone who knows someone involved in the project personally, as opposed to doing some online petition or something (I don't think that works).

Mark The Shark

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
Yes. That wasn't actually a physical part of the shows. It was on a separate tape, or reel, or disk, or whatever. I have a recording of an "Electric Company" episode where that intro was run by accident.

I suppose they could call it "Unpaved" if they wanted to. It doesn't matter.