Ask Ken at Palisades

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Koozebane

Hasn't even begin sculpture yet. I need to draw it this weekend or next week, then get it started. No changes on the Aliens...but I think people will be really surprised to see what this set looks like. The one in my head looks really cool.

Surprised how? Will it still look like the set from the show more or less? What does the one in your head look like?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Honorary Koozebanian

matleo

Reaction score
Letterman!! that's what the pants line is from!!!!! I knew I recognized it but couldn't rememebr where.

back to the subjects of gilfriends, fiencees, wives and who wears the pants. That reminds me, I heard a really funny bit on the radio the other day. One of the morning DJs outta NY (Todd Pettingill of WPLJ's morning Show) often does these little comedy songs. last week he had one called "the Man Song" which was all these tough, manly statements and then immediatly followed by a spineless, crawling statement to his wife. So they were all things like...

" I'll get drunk and watch sports.. ..when I wanna get in trouble."
and "I don't wanna hear any whining.. ..so I'll stop." and one of the best ones was "I wear the pants around here.. ..when I'm done doing your laundry"

I guess you kinda had to hear it, but it was funny, because it is EXACTLY what married life is often like....except mine: I never have to crawl because I know my wife is always right.:big_grin:

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
an issue of 'scale or not to scale'

does anybody know if there is an absolute chart for scale reference of Muppets? Pepe and Rizzo seem to be the same heigth on camera, but Pepe seems a bit toller on the MFS roof pics. I have seen recent comparison shorts, where about Rizzo should be on scale with the gang. Now, of the full bodied big guys, what was the order of big ness? I know thog was just wide and tall, and doglion too. sweetums seemed tall, tho in person he didnt seem *that* mammoth:wink: I think on the issue of 'to scale'
i think having him too big might be too much of an issue. is it still up in the air if hes coming with the playset? i mean, robin is small, but is he being brought up to at least 3 inches? hmmm, does anybody ever wonder if there was a portal into ken's head on floor 7 and a half on some office building? that way, when ken says he has the tms playset in his mind, we could just download it it and show it on here as an exclusive.

and yes, today is my day off, so more pointless forum flooding from me than usual^_^

grail

Reaction score
back to the actual thread topic...

Do you guys use 2-ups for your figures, or do you make the original sculpts in the same scale as the finals? i was really surprised back in May when i found out Hasbro sculpts all the Star Wars figures at that 3-3/4" scale...i was always under the impression that if you wanted good detail you had to start bigger than you finished.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
" I'll get drunk and watch sports.. ..when I wanna get in trouble."
and "I don't wanna hear any whining.. ..so I'll stop." and one of the best ones was "I wear the pants around here.. ..when I'm done doing your laundry"
Yeah, that's Sean Morey (i think that's his name) he's a regular on the Bob and Tom show (which is based here in Indy). there's another one he did called "The Woman Song" that's pretty funny too. he's a good comedian! ever hear of DaVinci's Notebook?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Questions

It looks like this is the most popular thread around to ask anyone about anything Muppet-related, so here are my current questions.
1 The "Beard vs. Lips" issue was settled, but ther's still some confusion. In the "Secrets of the Muppets" special wasn't Jerry Nelson under the muppet called Lips? Also, wasn't that muppet referred to as Beard?
2 What's the name of the other female pig from the Muppet Show, the one withe blonde curly hair?
3 Who's Uncle Deadly? Was he the one muppet who accompanied Vincent Price in the Haunted House sketch?
4 Just what's this Sesame Street "Unpaved" book I keep hearing about? Just what's included in the book? Is it available in audio form? That's all I can think of for now. Have a great summer.
The Count

bizarreblair

Reaction score
Hi matleo & grail,

Sean Morey also did a song with the same "joke" called "The Baby Song". (grail: Da Vinci's Notebook is great! I tried to book them at my college campus before they had received any airplay on Bob & Tom, but nobody knew them-I'd heard them on the Dr. Demento Show. My favorite B&T artists are Tim Cavanagh & Heywood Banks).

While we're talking about comedy music...there's a guy out there named the great Luke Ski who has recorded a tribute to Jim Henson/the Muppets called "Who Let the Frog Out". It's very funny with a lot of famous Muppet quotes. I ran into him at the Chicago Wizard World & he gave a copy of his CD with the song on it to Mike Horn, so Ken can probably listen to the song if Mike's still got it.

dr. gorry

Reaction score
count

uncle deadly is indeed the monster in the sketch where fozzie and gonzo rent a house and it turns out to be haunted,and where vincent price says "no it's too in-human,it's too cruel don't do it." and fozzie says"what does he turn into?",and vincent says "master turns into guy lambardo".if that is the sketch you are talking about.

grail

Reaction score
Okay...I hate to do this but...

Every year, I do work with a convention called InConjunction. Several years ago, we had Dr. Demento at the con (this would have been '96 I think because I was fresh from high school). It was the first con he'd ever been a guest to (which I still can't believe) and he was really great! However, we also had to deal with...Luke Ski. he had just gotten his first two cd's done, paid for them himself and brought them to the con in hopes that he could get the good doctor to at least listen to them. Then Luke horned his way in on the con, and ended up almost surgically attaching himself to the poor man. While that part was kind of annoying, I had to admit the guy had guts, and I actually even bought his CD's...then, from what I understand, he tried to get us to pay for his being there...because he contributed so much to the convention, and was generally a real jerk about it. Besides, for every one of his funny songs, there are almost literally 5 bad ones...but I do have his original two cd's...the one's with the construction paper covers...and they're signed. Anyone wanna buy?