Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Re: The Count

Originally posted by frogboy4
I must have let the spelling slide, but "Marvin Suggs and the Muppephones" is most definitely a correct spelling.
I think this is 'Muppaphone' and 'Muppaphones' ... well according to the Muppet Show LP.

Originally posted by frogboy4
All this is really tentative so keep checking Muppet Central's official list.:smile:
Which is also totally unofficial and tentative .... so no difference there !!! LOL !

Blinky

Reaction score
Invisible Fozzie and Collector's CLub

Ken a couple Questions:

How will the Fozzie work with the Collectors Club since I just sent my MO out yesterday and the Convention is in a few weeks do I get confirmation that payment was received and another order form for Fozzie? Just curious, and by the way Fozzie looks great! Another home run.

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Originally posted by bizarreblair
Still, it's nice for me to see people who are passionate about making comedy music.
Well, and I don't want to use this thread to bash Luke, but I do want to point out that he doesn't really make the majority of the music himself. I have not bought his latest album, but the parodies on his first two were obviously karaoke tracks. Sure, he's dedicated and his overall songs sound professional, but it's not much more than what local morning D.J.'s do.

What he does excel at is knowing his subject matter (the stuff he's singing about, not the actual song). His "Star Wars Trilogy Homesick Blues" is pretty well-executed (although I would actually like to hear him perform it live instead of just lip-synching to it).

Frankly, I thought his Muppet song was only okay. It was too obvious of a pun for the original song, and he's usually better at coming up with out-of-left-field connections.

My brother came up with a funnier Muppet song based on Nine Inch Nails' "Closer," but I digress.

Again, I don't mean to sound like I hate the guy, since he and I know each other from various Weird Al fan-related things, but honestly, I doubt I would have bothered to listen to his stuff if he wasn't a fellow Al fan.

If you want to hear a new performer that's really good at coming up with his own funny music (or at least, has his own group of musicians to newly record his parodies' music), then check out Tony Goldmark (someone else Luke has been inexplicably clinging himself onto this past year or so).

towels

Reaction score
I'd just like to say

53,424 is a whopping lot of page views!

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, quite an achievement seeing as the first playset is just hitting the shops - imagine what it'll be like by a years time.

beaker

Reaction score
to kenabout club emails:

i never even thought about palisades emails might be being filtered. what is the email from which these will be sent, so we can all put them on our 'safe' list on our email options?

beaker

Reaction score
yay! i just got the email! thanx a bunch ken! i had no idea one got all that stuff for just $30! ^_^

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Ken,

1) Is any chance that there will be Bean Benny figure?
2) How about the Muppet News Guy?
3) Muppet Babies?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Ken,

3) Muppet Babies?
To save some time for Ken:

1.) Bean Benny I don't know about, Bean Bunny might happen some day, but I don't think Ken has him on the radar right now.

2.) The Muppet News Man is on the radar for a future wave.

3.) I doubt Muppet Babies would happen, but you never know.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
matleo I know you've said that for future waves you would consider even packing for the shipments but what about further down the road as you get into charaters who are even more obscure. Loe the example just provided, let's say you had a Series consisting of Clifford, Pepe, Lips and Uncle Deadly, do you think you'd still evenly pack or would you maybe shortchange Lips and Uncle Deadly cause less people know who they are? just curious.

We'll deal with that on a case by case basis...so to speak. All waves will be handled the best way for that particular wave.

Blinky Ken a couple Questions:
How will the Fozzie work with the Collectors Club since I just sent my MO out yesterday and the Convention is in a few weeks do I get confirmation that payment was received and another order form for Fozzie? Just curious, and by the way Fozzie looks great! Another home run.

That's only one question. :big_grin:
But anyway...we will send out an e-mail to club members before the show. But club members all will have the ability to buy it...no doubt.

Bean Bunny Ken,
3) Muppet Babies?

1. Had a werid image of a bunny and the dude from L.A. Law...
2. Definitely gonna be made...don't know which wave yet.
3. You just never know about these things...DO YA? :eek: