Jerry Nelson Recasts

Aus Muppeteer

Reaction score
Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted a message on this forum. I'm really sad about that.

Anyway, I'm so glad that Dave is still going on strong! I actually wrote to him the other week! Think I'll get a response?? It sucks being in Australia when all these auditions and stuff are happening! Still, LONG LIVE DREAMS!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Honestly I find it harder to think of the Muppets without Jerry than without Frank. If you remember Muppet Treasure Island, Jerry performed practically everyone, plus a cameo appearence. Blind Pew, half a dozen pirates, street characters, he was amazing in it. But to have him gone...it will be very, very strange.

__

Interprited for red characters seeped in unfortunate fates:

Meep Merry meel. Memmey meep meey meemy mou. Meeping meek maam met. Me, me, mee, mee (Thought: if Piggy was doing a Beaker impresion would she say Moi, moi, moi instead of mee, mee, me? Just a thought. Please feel free to forget it.) Meepers. Mee!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But, Beau, if you go back through all of Muppet History, Jerry Nelson has always had the most transitional voice and has performed the greater portion of vocals, whether in a sketch or song, so Jerry's performances would be greatly missed.

However, I have faith that--because they have always been fan-friendly--The Muppets will not let us down. It will be some transition and we'll have a 'little getting used to it' but I'm sure things will work out.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think that's what he is saying, Foz. And I agree. Talk about the most versitile voice in the Muppet camp. There is no way he'll ever be replaced properly.

Aus Muppeteer

Reaction score
W3rd. I mean who could else but Jezza could do a sweet little voice like Robin than on the other side of the scale the Pyromanic/blowerupper Crazy Harry. He is one Muppet I certainly would love to bring back to life properly!! :crazy:

Vibs

Reaction score
CoOKiE said:
Hey Fozzie, i would LOVE to write to Jerry Nelson, althoughi don't have has mailing address.. or a place to contact him. Can you PLEASE help me? He did the voice for my favorit Mupet of all time... Gobo... and (if you read the FraggleRocker.com forum) theres an internet show a bunch of people are doing, for fun. its an Audio show of Fraggle Rock. I play two characters, Boober, and Gobo. So if theres any way u can help a fellow member out... lemme know. thank you :smirk:
Hey I was just wondering... Did you ever finish that because I'd looooove to hear it!! I know this post is really old but I'm just really curoius!! :excited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Honestly I find it harder to think of the Muppets without Jerry than without Frank. If you remember Muppet Treasure Island, Jerry performed practically everyone, plus a cameo appearence. Blind Pew, half a dozen pirates, street characters, he was amazing in it. But to have him gone...it will be very, very strange.
I know what you mean.
Unlike Frank, Jerry seems to have done a lot after Jim Henson's death. It probably will be pretty hard to find puppateers who can fill his shoes.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
"Jerry will continue to perform the Count on Sesame Street, but there were auditions this week for his other characters (with Jerry's blessing). No word yet on who will be doing what."

As I posted in the Sesame Street season 36 thread, this turned out to be a rumor. Jerry has retired his classic Muppet characters but is still performing all his Sesame characters. He has no plans to retire from Sesame soon.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks, Secret Squirrel. Glad to see you back around again.

Sad to see Jerry move on, but sometimes folks just have to. Power to the main man!

Out of curiosity, what other characters is Jerry doing on SS now besides Count? I haven't seen Herry Monster in a while, either (of course, I don't get to watch SS that often either).

Miss the days, too, when Jerry would pop into the forums and drop some info, or at least say Hi.

And, I'd like to reiterate what I've always said: Jerry is the awesomest of the performers! His vocal range and singing abilities have always made The Muppets (et al) the best programs. I can't imagine what it would have been like without him, and I think the world has been a better place simply through the cahracters he's performed!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wait you mean he retired his muppet cariturs does that mean me muppets themselfs or just him doing them.