1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. tinweirdo

tinweirdo New Member

I don't know Floyd of course sounded odd with John Kennedy playing him. I still have mixed feelings about Fozzie's voice!
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I don't recall "oo-dee boo boo." The only time I saw Foo-Foo on TMS was in the Kenny Rogers episode and that one hasn't been working on my VCR.

I do recall hearing Kermit's line: "I am not that dog's dada!" Which episode was "oo-dee boo boo" from?
  3. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

did anyone else find it odd that Zoot is the only EM member in MWoO that still had his original peformer, and he was the only one who didn't have a line, just a moan
  4. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

yes, this subject was brought up before. it is very sad.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Ok i got a lot to say on this. Frist i find it kind of neat and stranfe at the same time that both Frank and Jerry still work with SS. Especaly Frank because if he would want to be more of a serious directre it would seem to me insteed of staying away from the "Classic Muppets" he would stay away from the more kid show SS. I gusses though that they really enjoy doing SS though as kind of a good deed for the children i dont know.
    Also i just heard John Kenndys Floyd and i got to say i liked it he souded a bit older and that was cool. He had one of the best lines in the whole movie anyways. To bad they eddited it on T.V.

LOL We have been driving the same bus since 1978 lololololo i loved it :sing:

By the way who is now doing waldorf i think his voice is the only one im really not liking like now.
  6. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

statler is done by steve whitmire now i like it it sounds a little of richard hunts also as for zoot i guess it didnt bother me as long as i can remember he didnt talk much .for floyed im happy to see him again and im glad thy brought him back fast instead of keeping him in the background for years then bring him back
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think all of them sounded great in the movie that I saw on TV. I still haven't seen it on my DVD yet. Trying to make it through the S1 TMS dvd's just now.
  8. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Probably felt a bit bombarded. Everyone on this whole board would like to chat with him.

You know, I actually calculated based on what we've heard, in terms of his vocal extremities, and I think that Jerry, from at least his late 30s to late 40s, had at least a good 3 1/2 octave range. As Thog, in songs like "Real Live Girl" with Mia Farrow and "Oh Babe, What Would You Say?" with Kaye Ballard, sang as low as the 3rd B flat below middle C, as Miss Mousey sang the C above middle C, and as Gobo in "Let the Water Run", let out a squeak which I (with my perfect pitch) pegged as being the 2nd E above middle C. Three full octaves from the low B flat to the one above middle C, and then another half an octave from there up to the E.

I smell a new thread starting.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

That alone proves Jerry as the greatest performer of all time!!!

(And that you sing good... :) )
  10. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Waldorf is being performed by Dave Goelz these days.
  11. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Well, really that only proves that I hear well. But I have been told I have some vocal prowess myself (if not Jerry Nelson's range)...

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  12. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

Jerry Nelson...what happened to him?

I know hes recasting for the Muppets now, but after Muppets Treasure Island, hes no longer been credited as a Muppet performer, even though he did do the voice and puppeteering for Ubergonzo, Robin, Statler, Floyd, Lew Zealand, Crazy Harry and the chicken(I think it was Camilla) in Muppets from Space, and in IAVMMCM, he did the voices of Pops, Robin, Statler and background voice of Floyd. WHat happened to him? He's so talented.
  13. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

He's essentialy just retired from performing, but still does occassional voice-overs for some Muppet characters from time to time.
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

He has sort of limitted his time to only playing The Count and a few others on Sesame Street.
  15. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I can see why he would want to go into retirement. I'm just glad he still does voices.
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

What do you mean he hasn't been credited as a muppet performer since Muppet Treasure Island? I thought he was. I thought he was still active in performing untill around 2002.
  17. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

WHat I mean is...

What I mean is that look in the end credits or back cover of Muppets From Space or Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie and it says who the human stars are and then it says, "And the Muppet Performers: Dave Goelz, Steve Whittemire, Bill Barretta and Frank Oz(Eric Jacobson for IAVMMCM). Jerry Nelson is still in the movies, but he isn't credited with being a Muppet performer and is barely in the movies.
  18. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

That means Dave and Steve are the only remaining performers from The Muppet Show
  19. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

Yeah...its sad but true. Jim, Richard and (can't remember name but she did voices first season...she voiced Janice) are all dead and Jerry only does minor roles now, but he is in the new sequal to the Dark Crystal. He plays the Highlord(Or something like that).
  20. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

you're thinking of Erin Ozker