1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Jerry Nelson Recasts

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Princess Melora, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

Fozzie Bear. Jerry is still doing the Count, Mumford and Herry, plus as many AMs as he can fit into his schedule.

Dwayne. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Jerry has retired from performing the classic Muppets but his characters are alive and well.

In the Oz movie, Bill Barretta plays Lew Zealand, Steve Whitmire plays Statler, John Kennedy plays Floyd and Alice Dinnean plays Camilla.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hello Secret Squirrel, welcome back.
  3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Can you tell us if John is now the official performer of Floyd, or if Floyd will be passed around between different performers ?
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Thanks for the response, Secret Squirrel!

A woman playing Camilla? Woooo--that'll be weird! :)
  5. Secret Squirrel

Muppet DK. Almost nothing's official anymore, but I imagine John will be the first person called when Floyd is next required.
  6. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Thanks for the info Secret
  7. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Lew was in the movie? Was he cut?
  8. Secret Squirrel

There were quite a few moments cut from the final version. Fingers crossed, they'll show up on the DVD.
  9. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

With all due respect to Ms. Dinnean-Vernon, her Camilla sucks.
  10. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

It's just a chicken noise. How could it?
  11. That Announcer

Compared to Jerry Nelson's Camilla, Ms. Dinnean-Vernon's is nothing. They are two totally different voices. And chicken noises CAN sound different.
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*laughing*

You know you are a Muppet fan when you can tell the difference between a "Burg," and a "burk"...

Bea:zany:{And a Bork, and a burc}regard
  13. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<insert hysterical laughing here>
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <*gasp* *gasp*> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    dear goodness, we're debating chicken noises!!!!
  14. That Announcer

I can actually do the Camilla voice rather well. It is a "bawk bawk bawk", but to do Camilla, you have to get the tone right. And I can puppeteer pretty well- I have a store bought Ernie that I've rigged with arm rods. It's not hard.
  15. Fozzie Bear

I thought Camilla sounded fine...but, then again, we haven't seen her in forever!

I think all the new performers are doing a splendid job--especially considering that they are having to fill some pretty big shoes. Both the pressure of the performance amongst their peers when the original performer isn't there, plus the pressure of the fans and our pickiness, must play some kind of part in all that. But, I think they're all doing a great job.
  16. That Announcer

Pretty well. I'm surprised that Alice got FooFoo when Steve is still around!

And I really want Lips back with the EM. He's way underappreciated.
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I noticed that Alice didn't really have any English speaking characters in Muppet Oz. She just did some Camilla clucks and Foo Foo barks.
  18. Fozzie Bear

Yessir!! I agree 100%
  19. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

I too thought it was odd for Steve to get Foo Foo while Steve is clearly a main performer. Though I think his being a main performer is the reason Foo Foo was recast. Now we can have Foo Foo back with Piggy interacting with Kermit. We can relive that hilarious "oo-dee boo boo boo" moment from the Muppet SHow that has me in stitches whenever I see it.
  20. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

I agree, Foo Foo reacast was a good idea, and I agree with That Announcer and Fozzie Bear about Lips