An Editorial: The State of the Muppets

Luke

Reaction score
Ok i kinda deciphered the post (just) but what the heck is DTV's ????????

beaker

Reaction score
cube:

>>>Also, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Jim Henson's Cube I would really appreciate it. I have only learned of it recently and am now upset at the "popular" Cube movie for not at least giving a credit to Jim<<<

Hmmm, I seem to recall something about this in The Works book, and a bit about some sort of trippy nite club idea. I remember seeing a cheapie sci fi film called 'cube' back in 1998(tho I thought pi, another film from around the same time was much better)
what cube film are you referring to?

beaker.:.:
faith in chaos

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Ok i kinda deciphered the post (just) but what the heck is DTV's ????????

LOL hay Luke, DTV means Derect to Video/dvd

Luke

Reaction score
Oh right - ok *slaps self* - I get it now !

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Re: Hummmmm...

Originally posted by Muppets1985
And know brings me to the Winnie the Pooh thing: I mean look at him you can't get away from the guy (bear) he's EVERY were from toys, close, UNDERWARE (LOL), video's DVD's, DTV's tv shows specials etc ect... and see the Muppet could have ALL that they'd be right up there with Mickey and Pooh and the "Disney Princess" line of thing, look they have cereal, and juice box's and snakes i mean would u like to wake up in there morning and have Muppet cereal of "Muppet munchies" (Disney has cereal of Mickey's magix, and Pooh's Hunny B's and Pixar cereal od Buzz Lighyear and little school lunch thing for kids and adults!) wand wouldn't u like to havs Muppet juice box to drink at work or school? i would.
I don't want the Muppets to have incredible amounts of merchandise. It's selling out. I'd rather the Muppets have a medium amount of quality merchandise, as it has been since the Muppet Show days...I'd rather have quality merchandise like the Palisades action figures than numerous Muppet clothing articles and food items and other stuff. And besides, most of the Disney merchandise is geared at kids anyway.

Luke

Reaction score
This whole year has been an unusual one for merchandising - they have little money now so the anniversary year was a licensing opportunity they couldn't miss. I would imagine it will get back to normal soon.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I don't want the Muppets to have incredible amounts of merchandise. It's selling out. I'd rather the Muppets have a medium amount of quality merchandise, as it has been since the Muppet Show days...I'd rather have quality merchandise like the Palisades action figures than numerous Muppet clothing articles and food items and other stuff. And besides, most of the Disney merchandise is geared at kids anyway<<<

I'd have to disagree, its been over a decade since we last had any semblence of Muppet stuff...so finally, at long last the Muppet drought is over...bring on the Muppet merchandise tidal wave I say!

muppetchick

Reaction score
I know I don't post much, but in my opinion, I personally would love more muppet merchandise. I have some old tee-shirts I bought around the time MTI came out. They are now wearing out and I would love to buy some replacements. Now, I'm not for muppets on everything like Scooby-doo, but perhaps just making the products they already have more available. I've seen some products such as notebooks and keychains, but they're so hard to find. I just wish muppet products would get promoted better.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mutton

Also, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of Jim Henson's Cube I would really appreciate it. I have only learned of it recently and am now upset at the "popular" Cube movie for not at least giving a credit to Jim. Even if they knew nothing of his version originally they must have learned of it when registering the title and screenplay.

Henson spoke about it in a Dark Crystal interview:
http://users.bestweb.net/~foosie/henson.htm

Jim Henson's Cube: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0291118

Vincenzo Natali's Cube: http://us.imdb.com/Details?0123755
Hey Mutton, I don't know where you can get a copy of "The Cube", but I do know where you can see it. Museum of Television and Radio in NY and LA both have "The Cube" for your viewing pleasure. I'm sure there's a way they could make a copy for you, and if nothing more you can watch it in the museum.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I know I don't post much, but in my opinion, I personally would love more muppet merchandise. I have some old tee-shirts I bought around the time MTI came out. They are now wearing out and I would love to buy some replacements. Now, I'm not for muppets on everything like Scooby-doo, but perhaps just making the products they already have more available. I've seen some products such as notebooks and keychains, but they're so hard to find. I just wish muppet products would get promoted better<<<

yeah, unfortunately unless one of us sees muppet stuf fin the mall or wherever and posts, many of us are int he dark due to no promotion. for shirts, hot topic currently has a bunch of cool muppet shirts. i got my beaker, electric mayhem, and animal shirts. theres also some smaller 'girl cut' sized ones.