Anyone having trouble with Palisades site?

homerthegreat

Reaction score
It's too bad. I liked having you around! I guess it was that "Forabetterlife.org" thread that did it, eh? But oh well, you should come back!

WiGgY

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I don't even know what that site is. It was because I didn;t like the mod system, talked about it, and Ken decided to treat the mods as if they were above the regular members. He didn't even bother to hear me out and told me the mods must be respected (as if they are actual authority figures).

homerthegreat

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
What are you talking about? I don't even know what that site is. It was because I didn;t like the mod system, talked about it, and Ken decided to treat the mods as if they were above the regular members. He didn't even bother to hear me out and told me the mods must be respected (as if they are actual authority figures).
I'm not starting an arguement here, but...I was talking about the thread about that poster of kermit...I think Ken told you all that stuff in that very thread...

WiGgY

Reaction score
Who's starting an argument?

Oh, that site. I didn't even remember the site. It wasn't about what was in the thread but it was that Dust decided it should be closed just because he didn't like it and for no other reason. At those are the mods you are stuck with over there.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Then add him to your ignore list...that's the beauty of VBulliten!

WiGgY

Reaction score
What are you talking about? That doesn't help at all.

1. I'm banned
2. He's still a mod who wants stuff deleted just becauuse he does not like it, having nothing to do with the rules.

Don't you see a flaw in your plan?

bats1990

Reaction score
I have been having a lot of problems getting to various sites. A message came up on the computer about a week ago asking something about deleting various items. My wife got it and clicked OK without really reading or understanding what it said so I really don't know either but ever since then I have been having to check my settings and re-add sites to our favorites list. So I just wanted to see if I alone was having trouble or if more were.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Oh, that site. I didn't even remember the site. It wasn't about what was in the thread but it was that Dust decided it should be closed just because he didn't like it and for no other reason. At those are the mods you are stuck with over there.
I think there are way too many mods there - it makes it unmanageable, and most of the mods have taken mod out of their title or made a joke out of it so new members don't really know. It's difficult for us to know who is really in charge of each section because one sections mods start interfering vocally in another section, but when something bad really happens the mods from other sections are powerless to act because they don't have the controls. It's kinda stupid - they should either stick to their own sections completely and just be seen as regular members in others or just have 2 or 3 mods in charge of the whole thing (as well as the 2 or 3 staff ones). The forum isn't much bigger than MC and we do fine with 4 here. I don't really wanna comment on the mods actions individually, but from what i've seen there are some who really know how to mod and do a great job and there are others who are trying to do the job in good faith but don't have much experience and bring some personal baggage into it or just don't stick to Palisades rules. At least the Muppet section mods are among the best and i think Ken would be prepared to act and steer the mods a bit when he felt it was needed but obviously he wouldn't do it out in the open.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'm glad someone agrees with me and I'm not just being petty.