Anyone having trouble with Palisades site?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Even more reason for their not to be as many mods at Palisades. This forum (technically) has over 4 times as many members, though a lot never post.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Yeas, but I mean this one has many more forum sections. Oh, and WiGgY, how come you don't have an avatar on this site?

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with some of the things, but it's whatever works for them i guess. I definitely think moderators should always be clearly identifiable though, in any forum.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
My IP has changed (or been unabnned) and I could in theory rejoin...
Me not follow. I'm not up with the technical terms everyone uses these days, but...what the **** is an IP?
WiGgY said:
It wasn't about what was in the thread but it was that Dust decided it should be closed just because he didn't like it and for no other reason.
I know that. But oh well...at least I have someone to discuss with. Usually noboday is really on...and they don't really post. I like having you there cause you're ALWAYS on... :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
homerthegreat said:
Oh, and WiGgY, how come you don't have an avatar on this site?
I dunno. Haven't picked one I guess. I'm not big on avatars and sig pics and stuff.

An IP is a number that is used to identify your computer online. Forums use your IP to tell if you sign on from the same computer or whatever. If I ran a forum and saw your IP I would know you are you even if you used a different screen name.

Gwen

Reaction score
For some reason I can't get in now. :frown:
Palisades Website said:
The board is temporarily shut down to do a backup of the database and for maintenance troubleshooting.
As soon as I posted this the site was working again.