Who's new to collecting Action Figures?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Slim--this girl at my work has her desk COVERED with Homies--interesting all of the design work and details they cram into a little 1-inch tall figure that you get out of a gumball machine--if she wasn't collecting them, I wouldn't have even realized it was an ongoing series with variations and stuff--pretty cool.

Luke--my FIRST action figures ever were the Mego Batman and Robin (and I think the Riddler)...and I had completely forgotten about them until you mentioned that. True classics.

Quinnnnn

MM-III

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I was wondering if anyone knew which stores were going to get the peanuts figures or if you know a good source online for them.

I've been having a heck of a time finding places that have them.

Shooter Johnson

Reaction score
I started collecting in '91 with the X-Men. I collected them all mint on card and stopped buying them around '98.

I got heavy into Star Wars right when the orange cards came out ('95ish). I went back and bought pretty much every original figure loose (a few outstanding, but I quit looking for a deal). I still collect every 3 -3/4 inch SW figure on the card and an extra to open of the ones I particularly like. Sometimes I think I'm still into Star Wars out of habit.

I started the Simpsons from the beginning and have them all (the exclusives I have doubles, but the rest I open).

Muppets are my new obsession.

I also like to pick up anything that looks cool or novel.

wong

Reaction score
-superhero stuff (love the marvel legends although they are very hard to find in my part of Canada, only managed to pick up hulk and iron man)
-transformers
-Simpsons
-Palisades Muppets
-anything I think that looks good
-anything that brings back childhood memories

with my spending habits the most important word for me is BUDGET since we all have to eat sometime (and platic doesn't taste so good)

Emmy1500

Reaction score
Another canuck here too!!

I currently collect:

Mcfarlane sportspicks figures
Star wars figures and vehicles(other than the stupid USA Exclusives)
Muppets(just the regular figures and playsets as it is too hard and too expensive to try and get all of the show exclusives and USA store exclusives)
Scooby Doo figures
Spiderman Classics
Marvel Legends

Want to collect but not sure if I can afford too:

Battle of the planets 6" figures
Peanuts

I still have a lot of the vintage star wars figures and vehicles I had when I was younger, like the AT-AT, AT-ST, Slave 1, Y-Wing etc.

They are in various conditions, mostly well played with.

My favorite part of my collection is the toyfair vader that I won from the sandcrawler workshop. It was so cool to win something that is so limited, plus I think it looks really cool. The retro packaging brings back a lot of memories.

Well I guess thats it.

I also post on spawn.com's message board in the sports forum and on snowtroopers.ca( The best site for Canadian SW collectors)

TTYL

Cory

Dork Diggler

Reaction score
I'm the other way around. I have been collecting toys for years and have never been into the muppets. In fact I dont think I have
ever even seen the show and only know some of the characters from the muppet babies cartoon, but now Im hooked. They are my favorite line of toys from all the ones I collect and now I want to see all the shows and learn all about the muppets.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great story Dork Diggler! Glad you found us.