Who's new to collecting Action Figures?

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I was wondering how many people Palisades have netted into the in-escapable world of action figures for the first time. I ask because I have been collecting Star Wars and Transformers for years, and do not recall a time before action figures in my life.
And to those old-times, what other lines do you collect?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Aside from Muppets, I collect Star Wars, but not just figures, everything I can find! Star Wars is still my primary passion, but Muppets is pretty easy to collect as well since it isn't as invasive as Star Wars. I have one shelf full of Muppets, two rooms full (dedicated completely) of Star Wars.

Im also going to collect the new Faces of Springfield figures. They are basically 9 inch versions of the World of Springfield Simpsons figures, the first three were recently released. I had at one time collected the WOS line, but it got out of hand, and I sold them. Now I wish I hadn't left it, so Im getting into these to satisfy my Simpsons craving, instead of spending hundreds, if not in the thousand, of dollars trying to get all of the WOS figures again.

I can't remember a time where I wasn't into action figures, especially Star Wars. I grew up on Star Wars, Empire was the first movie I ever saw (I was two, but I do remember Yoda!), and I've had Star Wars figures my whole life.

I've also collected through the past:

GI Joe
M.A.S.K.
Monster in My Pocket
M.U.S.C.L.E.
Battle Beasts
Masters of the Universe (the new figures look pretty cool)

I have to say, of all the toys I ever collected, the Muppet line has the strongest twist ties :wink:

incredeeble!

Reaction score
I was just thinking about starting a thread like this... Palisades has pretty much revived my life in action figure collecting.

Action Figures have pretty much existed all my life (He-Man, Star Wars, etc...). Still have all my original MOTU figures in the garage. I collected Spawn/McFarlane stuff for a few years until I realized that Todd McFarlane's a greedy prick.

Lately I've been collecting some of the harder to find Simpsons(WOS) and Star Wars (potf). The Muppet line is probably going to be the only line I'll collect from the start of the series (still looking for WW Dr Teeth though). I've also got odds and ends here and there that I'm probably going to get rid of to make some room.

Oh yeah, I also collect any and all pre-production/prototype figures. There's nothing like having a piece of plastic that you know is almost one of a kind or that symbolizes a blueprint to a production run. (Unfortunately, this part of my collection is still pretty small) Is anyone still reading???

grail

Reaction score
i've been collecting anything and everything that i thought was cool for several years now. i think i'm going to actually sit down and take stock of the action figures soon...we're guessing it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-600

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Oh, I've been collecting awhile...

I've been collecting figures for about 14 years now. I have one or two, and I've found myself involved with more than one line, you might say.

To give you some idea, you can check out my toy room here:

http://www.mwctoys.com/ToyRoom_Intro.htm

That's what's on display, not including what's at work, and the 30 or so large containers packed away in storage.

Yep, I buy way too much.

Michael
MWC

incredeeble!

Reaction score
Re: Oh, I've been collecting awhile...

Originally posted by Michael Crawfor
http://www.mwctoys.com/ToyRoom_Intro.htm

That's what's on display, not including what's at work, and the 30 or so large containers packed away in storage.

Yep, I buy way too much.
dang that's an awesome link/collection (148 pages)... and my girlfriend gets on my case for the 20-25 boxes worth of toys I have!.....

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I've got pretty weak collections of Star Wars and Muppets. See, the problem is, stores don't like to just give me stuff for free. Anyone care to donate to my collection fund?:smile:
and Michael, that's the coolest room ever!!

grail

Reaction score
jeez...and i thought *I* had a lot of stuff...granted, i never got into anything bigger than your typical sized action-figure, and almost ALL of my stuff is out of the box...but man. that just blows me away.

and i'm totally jealous of Mike and Sully...

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
The 70's were a great time to be a child (and toy collector). :wink:

Started with Legos and Star Wars, of course. Then moved on to Tron and Clash of the Titans (which I still have). Transformers and Gobots next.

Now, I have McFarlane, Simpsons, Muppets, and a few boxes of random figures.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Live From Seattle

Hey all...got a layover in Seattle, on my way to China tomorrow. Stopped in to see what was going on. It's funny...you don't even check the board one AFTERNOON and the time it takes to access and read all the posts, especially on a dial-up, is mind boggling.

I am basically a Star Wars figure collector, although a few lines have prompted me to collect them. Simpson's, which I am still into, and most recently MOTU and Marvel Legends. I used to buy a lot of McFarlane stuff, but now I buy only some, mainly the MM line. Also, when something just comes out that is monumentally cool, I end up with it. I also pick up whatever resin statues fancy my attention.

Most of the basement shrine is taken up by Star Wars though, followed closely by a display in package and out of every product I have worked on in my career. That's an interesting display because there are so many different kinds of things.

LOTR is the one line I want to get into and just can't. Love the figs, but to collect them all will result in an out of control display need that I can't fulfill. I know it is impossible, but I would have loved for that line to be Star Wars scale.