Palisades Lunch Break

GLUE

Reaction score
He left out a whole bunch of stuff I called him during that timeframe, other then that the summary was pretty good. Since then the following has happened

Travis embrassed his natural Scooter look, dyed his hair orange, cut it all off except in the middle of his head, bought a shiny green jacket and now carries a megaphone around the office, yelling.

After weeks the office started to smell, we found out Keith really was dead and laying under his desk. We bought him a nice memorial stone in the front of our office and put stupid stuff like "Finally we can be together Tupac, my bra!"

And me, well I'm just super! I took the name "GROG" and became a professional wrestler. I dress up like a cave troll everyday, which consists of a loin cloth, a spear and a large hammer. Plus I finally traded in the MegaCar and got a MegaTruck.

alrighty then.....

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
A series of apologies

Towels,

I am sorry that I misunderstood. In my ignorance, I just assumed that all three qutes were from movies. I am admittedly a bit rusty when it comes to the works of Weird Al.

Crazy Harry,

I am sorry that my recap made you look "bad." That was not my intention -- I just reported what happened, as I saw it. No hard feelings.

Keith & Greg,

I am sorry that you guys are so dumb. Holding a conversation with the two of you is like talking to a freakin' pet rock. As each of you only has one brain cell, perhaps you should try rubbing them together to form a single intelligent thought. I'm not even going to write any more, as I know that neither of you can read.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels
The third is a Weird Al song.
er...i hate pointing this out, but the actual title of that song is "i'll be MELLOW when i'm dead" not groovy. i even got the cd out to be sure i was right...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Re: A series of apologies

Originally posted by ElecMayhem
Holding a conversation with the two of you is like talking to a freakin' pet rock.
so you're saying they are both good listeners???

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
er...i hate pointing this out, but the actual title of that song is "i'll be MELLOW when i'm dead" not groovy. i even got the cd out to be sure i was right...
Dam, you're right...Maybe it's because I only have that one on vinyl...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
hmmm...out for lunch again today???

I had a baloney sandwich. It did NOT tell me where the aliens were going to land, even after I shook it a few times.

fshow

Reaction score
I know i just posted. But I just read this and thought I would see what Slim thought of this. I cut and pasted it at the end of this post. Plus I have to go back to work. So does this make you sad? Plus i didn't know where I should post this and i hate staring new threads. Maybe after you read this you can see if you can meet him, since he's such a bag fan of the Muppets.
Snoop and Palisades working side-by-side, heck ya!

Snoop gets the boot from Muppet movie
Snoop Dogg's cameo in the latest Muppet adventure, "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie," a parody of classic Christmas movies, will not make it to the small screen this December on NBC.
According to the Los Angeles Times, executives pulled Snoop's footage after learning he was in another film due out this fall, "Diary of a Pimp," produced by Hustler. Directed by the Dr. Dre protégé, the unrated film boasts the talents of adult stars with Snoop as the ladies' pimp.
Najee Ali, head of the Los Angeles-based Project Islamic Hope, said he thinks NBC made the right choice in scraping Snoop's part.
"I grew up watching the Muppets. They are very precious to me -- those memories of watching [them] as a child," Ali said.
"There are plenty of other hip-hop artists that they could have chosen rather than this guy [Snoop Dogg]. He was the very worst choice."
According to Henson Co., Snoop's scene was pulled because it "did not advance the storyline."
Other famous faces still expected to make cameos in the two-hour movie include William H. Macy, Kelly Ripa, Carson Daly and Rachel Hunter.

towels

Reaction score
Yeah...that was discussed at length in the Henson Headlines thread. Then things got nasty and now it's a taboo topic.
:frown:

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
We're here. We're just very busy right now. A lot of days we work straight through lunch...

Not to dismiss your post FSHOW, but I think we would rather stay away from hot button issues. Despite strong feelings on the issues, I have intentionally stayed away from those threads -- and now they seem to have chased us here. This thread was created to be wacky and silly and goofy... as it should be.

However, as the unofficial PR rep for the group, I will issue an unofficial statement:

The Muppets have had a long history of various guest stars from various backgrounds -- some very wholesome, and some not so. If Snoop Dog REALLY is trying to clean up his image -- which none of us know for certain as we are not in his family or inner cricle -- it is a shame that his cameo was cut; especially if the cut WAS brought about by angry protests. If the man is truly trying to clean up his image, he needs support. All human beings make mistakes -- hence, defining us as human -- and we need to learn to be more accepting of others.

All of this is irrelevant, as I see no reason why to question the Henson's official statement that Snoop was simply cut due to time constraints. The issue is dead, and it is ridiculous that arguments have gone on as long as they have.

If you support Snoop, great. Hope that the scenes are included if/when the DVD is released. If you DON'T support Snoop, great. He will not be in the movie, so we can all stop talking about it.

Now, let us please not discuss this issue in our little thread any longer.

On another note, Stewart's cameo as Snoop Kitty Kat is still to be included in the movie.