Palisades Lunch Break

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Wait, Stryder Wolfe... are you implying that we're on the 15th page of this thread, and NONE of it makes sense? That's just plain silly... Allow me to go back and recap -- that way if anyone is just joining us, they don't need to go back and re-read:

9/4/02 - Greg (GLUE) starts this thread becuase he, and Keith and I were just jabbering away and disrupting "serious" conversation on Muppet Central. There was some talk of lunch, a few Swedish Chef references, and then Horn yelled at us and made us go back to work. Everyone else mocked us.

Later the same day, Horn left for a long weekend, so we came back to the message boards. I then announced the 20 new rules that were to be followed in Mike's absence. Mindless chatter ensued, and everyone disregarded the rules. We announced our intentions to make the "Palisades Lunch Break" thread longer than the stupid "Ask Ken" thread. No one rallied behind us. crickets chirpping, tumbleweeds, etc.

I posted for a while after work, and was informed by Crazy Harry that we were pathetic for spending our lunch breaks writing on message boards. Let the records show that Crazy Harry mis-spelled pathetic...

Matleo pointed out a contradiction in my 20 rules. He was right; I was wrong. But I made up some kind of crazy excuse to justify it.

9/5/02 - Keith is excited that people posted in our little thread overnight -- like a gift frm the tooth fairy. More discussion about the 20 rules. At lunch, no one is posting. Keith, craving attention, begs shamelessly for people to come and chat with him. Vanilla Ice references abound. Crazy Harry gets hostile. I make an empty threat to stop making Muppet figures. No one even feigns concern, becuase they know I am an idiot.

Keith makes a stupid sexual reference. Greg gets mauled by a chimpanzee.

I move Lu775's fantastic dancing Travis stories (episodes 1 & 2) over from another thread. Because they're funny. And I am an ego maniac.

Greg, Keith, and I have a pointless discussion about skin. Towels posts 3 movie quotes and asks if anyone can name the films. As far as I can tell, no one ever did. Keith laughs himself silly and chokes to death. Greg introduces the boards to MEGACAR.

9/6/02 - I announce my intentions to write a company theme song. I never do. Greg suggests, "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air."

Lu775 posts the first half of the 3rd episode in the epic Super Dancing Travis saga. Towels requests a graphic novel. We go out for lunch; the insanity continues without us. Lu775 posts the finale to the 3rd episode of SDT.

(Over lunch, Keith and Greg meet Stewart, the 30 pound cat)

Ken remarks (from Hong Kong) sarcastically that our lunches are too long. Ken sucks. (No that wasn't in the thread, but who says I can't editorialize..?)

9/7/02 - Much discussion about Stewart. Zack contributes to making the thread longer. Luke suggests a sit-in to get Stewart added to the Palisades web site.

9/9/02 - a recap of our weekend, in which Keith and Greg came over and destroyed my house. Long discussion about pet names, which turns -- naturally -- into a discussion about Revenge of the Nerds movies, before returning to pets, specifically dogs wearing hats made of fruit.

9/10/02 - tender moment at Palisades. Group hug. More discussion of Nerds movies, which segues into a conversation about Anthony Michael Hall.

9/11/02 - we don't post at all. People start to ask if we're dead.

9/12/02 - we come back. we're not dead. Much discussion about 80's movies. Even more mockery of Keith, for being too young and not having seen said 80's movies. I compare Keith to Rainbow Brite. He doesn't get it.

Greg sings the Facts of Life theme song. Blinky asks a question actually pertaining to our product. Chaos ensues. Arrangements begin for Ken's homecoming.

9/13/02 - Ken joins us via satellite from Hong Kong. Rejects a lap dance from me. AND mocks me for collecting plushes. Some discussion about the lack of Muppet merchandise in Hong Kong.

And then nothing happened for a few weeks. Which brings us to today, in which we have theorized that Ken did NOT in fact, ever come back from China, but that he is locked in a closet in the factory, and that a Chinese man has come home in his place... Funny, Jen didn't seem to notice...

Anyway, that's it. Now what was my point in typing all of this out..? Oh yeah, Stryder Wolfe, you were right. It doesn't make any sense. My bad.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Wow, I really don't come out looking to good in that story.

tomahawk

Reaction score
if it makes any difference travis, i collect muppet plushes too.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Eh. Perhaps. I don't think I need any help, though.

I know you were busy last night, but I had some free time before bed...

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
are you telling me that Ken's fiancee is Jen?

ken and jen...awwww that's so cute :big_grin:

hmm, you know, the summary is just as funny as the actual thread, and only took me about a minute to read, instead of an hour. You shoulda done that YESTERDAY!! :smile:

well, luckily, we all deal well with non-sensical-ness (is that a word?) around here...****, it's when you START to make sense that I'll be worried :stick_out_tongue:

did I use enough smilies in this thread? Better throw in a few more :wink: :cool: :confused: :embarrassed: :smile:

ok, that's better.

Lu775

Reaction score
Travis, you & your summary, Rock!
Thinking way back to those many moons ago... good times, good times.

towels

Reaction score
shoot...now I gotta go back and see what mystery I left dangling...

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels
"I'm not quite dead"
"Have you ever...in your professional career...saved patients more barely alive?"
"I'll be groovy when I'm dead"

10 burnt popcorn kernels for the first to identify all three quotes (of course, you have to pay the shipping and handling charges for me to fly to Baltimore, scrounge through Palisades garbage, fly back home, and then ship out the kernals to you)
ahhhh, I see...perhaps you were confused in thinking they were all movie quotes. Only the first two were from movies...
#1-The Holy Grail (A DVD must own...subtitles for those who don't like the movie!)
#2- Star Trek VI-The Undiscovered Country

The third is a Weird Al song.

Slim

Reaction score
Ahh yes, the good old days. Back when I was just a youngin. Now Im sooooo old!!! Thanks for all those who wished me a Happy Birthday!!!

And, now for more stupid Keith quotes.....

I love GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLD!!!:big_grin: