Fraggle Rock film in development

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
BEAR said:
With everything that has been going on in our world, we need the Fraggles back now more than ever!
I second that, wholeheartedly!

luvtosr

Reaction score
I was just thinking 'I hope there's a Sidebottom cameo at least' I doubt we will but it would be excellent - Boober in Outer Space with the added problem of Sidebottom on the loose!

Squigiman

Reaction score
I forgot to mention this in my other post, but when I saw Kathy Mullen and Michael Frith at that big Muppet event last November, she had a miniature Mokey with her, from the episode where she shrinks. I also thought I remembered talk of the puppets actually holding up, which contradicts what I'd heard, probably based around Karen's improvised hat during her MuppetFest appearance. So, anyways, my main point is that I'm surprised she wasn't in the new stuff on the season DVD, and I'm also confident she'd want to be involved in this film.

-Squigiman

Foodie

Reaction score
* Faints *

I can't believe this!!!!!! :excited: :smirk:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
MattFraggle said:
I'm a screenwriter and former professional animation artist and I would do anything to get involved with the production of this film!! ( I have ten years of animation experience in story, working for studios like dreamworks and cartoon network.) Yup, this is my unofficial application! Since I don't know exactly who is involved...and it takes MONTHS to get in contact with any Hollywood production.

Please God, if Jerry Juhl, or anyone involved with the production is reading this...hire me! I want to work on this film sooooooooooo bad... I'm a fan as well as a professional *beg beg beg pine pine beg*

]
I feel so unworthy of such a thing but I'd work on anything fraggle-related in mere seconds. I still can't believe this thread exists..... FINALLY! It's like a dream.

Hey! I draw fraggles too! See? http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11785886/

Ooops! Those aren't fraggles! Heh heh. Here's Gobo. He's kinda stylised cuz I drew him just outta my head. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9899484/ His eyes aren't on right either. Eep.

Nick

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, we've been hit with a massive whammy of glorious news. This is literally some of th ebiggest news to hit Muppet Central in the 7 years I've been on here.

I cannot wait to go see MirrorMask next weekend, and now this, wow.

It may appear selling the Muppets to Disney was the smart thing to do, in that
a Fraggle Rock film, Dark Crystal sequel film, and Dark Crystal anime would never have been possible. But wow, this is just insanely glorious news. 2007 is going to be one heck of a film year, going up with Batman 2, Spiderman 3, Transformers, Ninja turtles, Battle Angel, and Indiana Jones 4:smile:

Last we saw Fraggle Rock they were under Fozzie Mom's house(or visiting Doc, or in the unaired cast party episode they are in Canada) so the imagination runs wild thinking what sort of Fraggle adventures are ins tore in the modern "outer space" world.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Wow, Ninja Turtles? Really?! Cartoon, or animatronics like last time. The ninja turtles ROCK.

beaker

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Wow, Ninja Turtles? Really?! Cartoon, or animatronics like last time. The ninja turtles ROCK.
A slightly edgier all cgi film. The idea of a gritty cgi TMNT film first sprung up in 2001 when John Woo was spose to direct, but now the new film is definately a go:

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=8982

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Too bad there's pretty much no info, but that's awesome. ^_^
What's also too bad is that last time I checked, there are no showing of Mirrormask in my country, let alone my area.
But i'm derailing the thread.