Sesame Street S1 Final Packaging Pics!

RugbyTiger

Reaction score
Don't even consider waiting to pick up series 1...

Kevin's dead right - If we hesitate or put off buying anything until **** is made (Cookie, Prarie, Big Bird, whoever!!) the line will die immediately!! Retailers need to know there is support for the line straight away, not when the figures are in the sale months down the line -they'll never reorder once things get to that stage..

Listen to the wise bear.....

Jamie B : )

BEAR

Reaction score
I am proud to say that I pretty much placed my order the day I found out about the Sesame line last summer. I have come across places online to pre-order S2, but I won't do that until I see some sample pics just incase.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm buying the series without any regard of what might come in the future. Fear keeps folks from buying these things and that will kill the line. BUY BUY BUY!!! Even if you don't like SS, buy it as a favor to me so they'll keep making them! LOL!!

It all comes down to consumer support. If S1 is a hit, stores will pick up the other series.
Shell, I'd buy S1 even if S2 would never be made! It is a tease, I know... but I just HAVE to have these toys. Unfortunately, I can't find them anywhere, not even online past the point of preorder. I hope that at the very least, small stores would carry this line. Comic shops, and like that. I mean, Newburry comics is probably the one place I'd be flabberghasted if they DIDN'T carry it. They had every Palisades line so far, and ... well... If you've ever been to a Newburry Comics, you'd see it would be the place that would have them. Too bad it's only a local chain.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
New pictures are up at Palisades' Sesame Street section and in a thread by the same name at their forum's Sesame section.
Hope this helps.

zns

Reaction score
The Count said:
New pictures are up at Palisades' Sesame Street section and in a thread by the same name at their forum's Sesame section.
Hope this helps.
Ummmmm...... could you give us a link to it please?

Convincing John

Reaction score
A change in Series 2?

Wait a minute,

I've been away from the forum for a while, so let me get this straight.

First of all, I agree with all you folks, the S1 figures look GREAT! Yes, Fozzie, I've ordered them all! (Well, pre-ordered 'em). They're almost through customs, right? And yeah, I'll be ordering a Big Bird as soon as he's available for pre-ordering.

But what the heck happened to Roosevelt and the Yip-Yip Martians? I was really looking forward to those guys, particularly Roosevelt! I read the list:

Grover Monster (of course! Maybe with waiter accessories)
Bert (obviously to be with his buddy, Ernie)
Count Von Count (yay, Count!)
Elm...

Ok, (takes deep breath). I'm going to do my best not to turn this into an Elmo-bashing post, but I couldn't help being disappointed that a lesser-known fan favorite was not included in this series. I have been so looking forward to a Roosevelt figure for the longest time. He's one of my favorites!

I'm going to be factual here. An Elmo figure was inevitably going to be made. We all knew that. But when we look at the other guys scheduled for the S2 line, we have one, two, three (ah ah ah! Thunder rumbling) very well known characters on the street. The way that Palisades had lesser known Muppets mixed in with better known ones was awesome and brought us some great figures! A Newsman figure...who woulda thought?

But back to the Elmo figure. When you want Sesame toys, which character do you see more than any other on the shelves? Yep. And with this "addition" to S2's lineup, it made my hopes for a Roosevelt deflate like a leaking balloon. Lesser known "fan favorites" don't get much of a chance to shine, and at the end of the heap of giggling, red furballs I'd like to see a character from my childhood that I'd enjoy having on my shelf.

But not now...

I have this mental image of nearly sculpted Roosevelt figures among the unfinished Sal Manilla prototypes on a desk. Then their designs are clearly stamped "CANCELLED" and they are swept into the trash as the lights flicker on in a warehouse. From thousands and thousands of crates tiny falsetto giggles can be heard, echoing from within the boxes...

I'm also reminded of this Tough Pigs comic:
http://www.toughpigs.com/playingwithdolls03.htm

I looks like S1 will not disappoint. These guys really know their stuff. Hopefully, they will explore new frontiers in the SS line, and expand beyond "Elmo territory". They could really make some lesser known SS characters shine...and they already have! Look at Guy Smiley and the Two-Headed Monster! C'mon, Palisades! I might just have to buy a second Oscar so I can alter the headline..."ENOUGH ELMO STUFF SAYS FAN IN HUFF!" :wink:

Convincing John

Erine81981

Reaction score
Sorry if I had credit card I would order them off line but I don't so I have to wait until they come out into stores. HURRY WITH THEM PLEASE TO STORES!!!