The RHLC!

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah it's a funny movie, though very dirty, lol. Richard's scene at the end is a little confusing if you don't understand the stock market (like most of us don't!) but he manages to save it with great facial expressions, hehe.
Lol, I prolly wouldn't understand it, the stock-market is a mystery to me, but I would've loved to have seen our Ruchard acting!

Definitely and even his stage persona is awesome; somehow it's freeing to feel like screaming and carrying on like that lol. :halo:
Agreed! I love all those tongue-in-cheek stage shows he put on, very cool. :cool: And yet he seems like a lovely bloke.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, I prolly wouldn't understand it, the stock-market is a mystery to me, but I would've loved to have seen our Ruchard acting!
Yeah I think there's like 50 comments on imdb.com asking to explain the ending! And I still don't get it! lol

Agreed! I love all those tongue-in-cheek stage shows he put on, very cool. :cool: And yet he seems like a lovely bloke.
I just always remember his interview in the old documentary History of Rock n Roll where he says one time someone threw a chicken on stage. He's from Detroit, never been on a farm in his life and thought "Oh a chicken...it's got wings, it'll fly!" So he threw it back thinking it would fly off into the sunset...but instead went right into the audience where they torn it to shreds!

The next day the papers were all saying "Alice Cooper sucks blood of chicken" and when Alice's manager asked if he'd really done that and he said no, the manager replied, "Well don't tell anybody. They loved it!" Lol

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah I think there's like 50 comments on imdb.com asking to explain the ending! And I still don't get it! lol
Lol, that's hilerious! XD

I just always remember his interview in the old documentary History of Rock n Roll where he says one time someone threw a chicken on stage. He's from Detroit, never been on a farm in his life and thought "Oh a chicken...it's got wings, it'll fly!" So he threw it back thinking it would fly off into the sunset...but instead went right into the audience where they torn it to shreds!

The next day the papers were all saying "Alice Cooper sucks blood of chicken" and when Alice's manager asked if he'd really done that and he said no, the manager replied, "Well don't tell anybody. They loved it!" Lol
Oh yeah! I heard that too! I remember my dad saying, "y'know, I remember when Alice Copper bit the head off that chicken..." and I replied, "well, actually Dad, it never really happened!" Ahh... the media's weird like that. But I found it hilerious how they were like, "hey, the love it, don't tell anyone the truth!" I liked that Alice Cooper appreared on TMS, esp. at the time ('78?), that episode was a little different, but I got a real kick out of it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Lol, that's hilerious! XD

Oh yeah! I heard that too! I remember my dad saying, "y'know, I remember when Alice Copper bit the head off that chicken..." and I replied, "well, actually Dad, it never really happened!" Ahh... the media's weird like that. But I found it hilerious how they were like, "hey, the love it, don't tell anyone the truth!" I liked that Alice Cooper appreared on TMS, esp. at the time ('78?), that episode was a little different, but I got a real kick out of it.
Yeah! I agree! I love his stage appearances on that episode! Especially the final!:zany:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I love the way he reports in with his demonic boss after Miss Piggy storms out: "Listen, boss, the sale's not going so hot. Would I get a commission for hourly rentals?"

It really looks like Cooper had fun on that show - and I'll bet the performers did too.

One of my favorite bits from that episode was the UK skit, when several of the monsters did "Once a Year Day," from "The Pajama Game." And according to Jane, Richard was in a production of "The Pajama Game" in high school, so that must have brought back some memories for him.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
KIKI I MISSED YOU TOO SORRY THAT MY REPLY IS ONCE AGAIN VERY LATE! :eek:

So, I have to paint a portrait for art of myself or someone I know. I'm going to cheat a little bit and bring in a photo of Richard...which one do you think I should paint? It'd probably be best if there wasn't a puppet in it, though I could edit it out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
KIKI I MISSED YOU TOO SORRY THAT MY REPLY IS ONCE AGAIN VERY LATE! :eek:

So, I have to paint a portrait for art of myself or someone I know. I'm going to cheat a little bit and bring in a photo of Richard...which one do you think I should paint? It'd probably be best if there wasn't a puppet in it, though I could edit it out.
Hmm good question...I always liked the one on the front of the MC tribute page.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'd get ahold of "Of Muppets and Men" lots of good pictures in there. Otherwise just use the one on the tribute page.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That was the first photo I ever saw of Richard, the one on the main tribute page. I also really like the one of him and Scooter looking straight at the camera - you guys know which one it is, the one where Richard's wearing his iconic gray tweed newsboy cap.

And it's true; Of Muppets and Men is a real gold mine for photos - you might also want to take a shot at one of the photos on that MySpace page we've mentioned a few times.