TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
in case you are wondering about my name, it was supposed to be "crazed gonzo fan" but they cut out the "n" in "fan"

Gonzo14

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Since the first season had the pilot episode i think the other season collections should include the following-
-the muppet valentine special
-the great santa clause switch(the first apperance of gonzo)
-the jim henson tribute
-the frog prince

what i would like is the Muppets at Walt Disney World, since I've never seen it

Reaction score
I'm willing to wait a while for a stellar DVD release of each season of The Muppet Show. I loved it that much. I don't want them to rush it. I want them to get close to perfect just like Season 1 was.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
C,
I am not all that convinced Season 1 was all it could be... There were no real extras - Which I love personally. And what I am really wondering is why there aren't resources for this. i mean you could put a two man team out there on the edits and if the Music is the issue, change it. Not like it hasn't been done before...

I just want the rest - Now... call me impatient... Wha'chu call me?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
Since the first season had the pilot episode i think the other season collections should include the following-
-the muppet valentine special
-the great santa clause switch(the first apperance of gonzo)
-the jim henson tribute
-the frog prince
The Great Santa Clause switch is not owned by Disney (or henson), so it probably won't be released as an extra, unless Disney wanted to pay to get the rights to use that special. That special is owned by whatever company it is that owns The Ed Sullivan Show.

Even if Disney could release that special, I don't think that special or The Frog Prince will be included as special features on any Muppet Show season sets. I have read somewhere that Disney is more interested in releasing special features that are more related to The Muppet Show.

giovannii

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Even if Disney could release that special, I don't think that special or The Frog Prince will be included as special features on any Muppet Show season sets. I have read somewhere that Disney is more interested in releasing special features that are more related to The Muppet Show.
How about new interviews with surviving guest stars. I know a lot of them have passed away, but to my knowledge the following Season 2 guests are still alive:
*Judy Collins
*Jaye P Morgan
*John Cleese
*Dom DeLuise
*Bernadette Peters
*Julie Andrews
*Cleo Laine
*Rich Little
*Petula Clark
*Teresa Brewer
*Cloris Leachman
*Steve MArtin
*Elton John

I'd like to see the Valentines Special on Season 2 as well.

It's a shame they didn't include that on Season 1 alongside the alternate Juliet Prowse episode.

I would love it if they included the deleted songs from Season 1 as bonus features on Season 2, but I doubt that'll happen.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
The Great Santa Clause switch is not owned by Disney (or henson), so it probably won't be released as an extra, unless Disney wanted to pay to get the rights to use that special. That special is owned by whatever company it is that owns The Ed Sullivan Show.

If they don't re-release those, I'll never get to see them! I think I'm going cry.:cry:
Oh well:concern::crazy: