Songs the Electric Mayhem should cover...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
OoO...I'm glad this thread is back. :smile: A few more from me:

Wille Nelson and Merle Haggard - Pancho and Lefty (Floyd doing Willie's part, Janice doing Merle's)

Bob Dylan - Changing of the Guards (Floyd vocals, Janice and some female Anything Muppets doing the additionals. I guess they'd have to shorten it up a bit, as it is a lengthy song. )

Pete Townshed - Let My Love Open the Door (Floyd vocals, Janice backup.)

Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild (oh c'mon, it'd be fun!! Dr. Teeth vocals, Floyd backup.)

Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio (Floyd vocals with additional Dr. Teeth.)

Tsunami Bomb - Mushy Love Song (Janice vocals.)

Sorry if any of those are repeats. Its been a while since this thread was active. :smile:

-Matt

petula

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i could see them doing "32 Footsteps" or "Don't Let's Start" by They Might Be Giants...or even "Older"
I was going with Dr. Worm.

SuperGrover

Reaction score
A couple o' songs by U2:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways

:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :cool: :halo:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
"I've Got You, Babe" - Sonny & Cher - Floyd and Janice (who else? I mean, come on!)
Why, Lily Tomlin and Scred, of course! They did that number on SNL! :stick_out_tongue:

Here's some more EM suggestions:

Turtle Blues-Janis Joplin (during the original recording of this song, you hear a guy who laughs EXACTLY like Floyd!)
Ring Out Solstice Bells-Jethro Tull
Magical Mystery Tour-Beatles(if they got their bus back!)
Rhythm is Gonna Get You-Gloria Estefan (with :flirt: as lead vocal)
As Good as You've Been to This World-Janis Joplin (the original song has a solo for all the band members, including a trumpet solo perfect for Lips!)
Soul Man-Blues Brothers :smile:D and :sing: as Jake and Elwood)
Hold On-John Lennon (during the original recording, Lennon impersonates Cookie Monster!) maybe another Cookie cameo on TMS?

And that's all I can think of for now.

Convincing John

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I'd like to hear them do Guns 'n Roses' November Rain, or at least the end of it.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Here's some more:

"Werewolves of London", Warren Zevon (Floyd lead vocals, with werewolves in the background)

"Wild Child", The Doors (Floyd lead vocals)

"Gloria", Van Morrison (Dr. Teeth lead)

"Walk", Pantera (Animal lead)

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I always thought that Janice is perfect for singing Big Yellow Taxi (the Jodi Mitchell version). The first time I heard that song, I thought, "This is Janice". The lyrics are perfect for her...

I think they should have Janice in the middle of an open field surrounded by the band. As Janice sings the song, Anything Muppets begin putting up buildings which she is singing against. These buildings will be made right in front of the other band members, so at the end, Janice would be alone on the screen...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I always thought that Janice is perfect for singing Big Yellow Taxi (the Jodi Mitchell version). The first time I heard that song, I thought, "This is Janice". The lyrics are perfect for her...

I think they should have Janice in the middle of an open field surrounded by the band. As Janice sings the song, Anything Muppets begin putting up buildings which she is singing against. These buildings will be made right in front of the other band members, so at the end, Janice would be alone on the screen...
I've scripted the very same idea for my puppets to perform this in a stage production script I'm writing. I love this song, and I do believe Nate even played it for me once by request! Only in my script there's no band and it's just the singer and involves the museum for trees and the house interior when she goes out of the back door leaving in the taxi. Mine plays off the modern version of the song by the Black Crowes.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
"Locomotive Breath" - Jethro Tull (Vocals Floyd)
"Minority" - Green Day (The whole band)
"Sonne" - Rammstein (Vocals Floyd, Dr. Teeth, Janice)
"Blood Roses" - Tori Amos (Vocals Janice)
"Return to Innocence" - Enya and Enigma (Vocals Janice)
"Blue Monday" - Orgy (Vocals Floyd)
"Freshmen" - Verve Pipe (Vocals Floyd)

(I plan on using those last two songs for a fanfic, and Minority, actually)

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Aerosmith and Electirc Mayhem!

Aerosmith said:
Walk This Way - Aerosmith
Draw The Line - Aerosmith
Shout It Out Loud - KISS
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Cat Scratch Fever - Ted Nugent

Aerosmith, again, I like the name and I like the way you think! I say that the EM should cover any and ALL Aerosmith songs! That'd be GREAT!

Can you hear Animal singing (?) "Janie's Got A Gun"? :halo:
OH!!!! I'm crying now that I'm laughing so hard!

Also, some of you know how much I LOVE Jimmy (Buffett). I know that he and Gonzo did a song together as well as he and Kermie, but could you see EM coveing any of JB's stuff? It's just not them.......but it'd be funny still! I